• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Silver Bullet Drifter

hnoroian

Quarry Creeper
Redcat’s RDS platform is in the stable, bought it on their super sale and just couldn’t pass it up. So far I have about 3 hours total playing and driving.

With many to choose from in this category, Traxxas new 4-tec drift was tempting, just because it was new but didn’t like the tub chassis, which largely lent me to MST, Yokomo. Having Yokomo off-road buggies in the past I was leaning toward that way. But all of which the chassis were similar and had many of the same features, likewise with the RDS.

The good - the price was unbeatable even with a RTR. Decent looking body. Adjustability for everything beyond belief. Gyro included, 60a esc, 3300kv brushless, drift spec servo, etc… Carbon chassis, shock towers and motor mount are nice features and are really what sealed the deal.

The bad - carbon main plate may be a little thin compared to others, haven’t measured it but it’s not like it’s doing 40mph and needs to be super rigid. The shock towers are the same but would have liked those a little beefier because the schools actually work like they should. Plastics may be a tad bit too forgiving but that’s actually helped me for when it slides uncontrollable into my gym bleachers. Talking about uncontrollable slides the tires feel much better on short carpet or polished concrete. In my gym they are just too hard of a compound. I do realize that most who buy this will be outside and they work just fine for that. I’ll be looking at different tires for my purposes, luckily they are cheaper that other tires in this hobby for a full set. The worst part maybe might be the aftermarket support is almost non existent from what I can find other through redcat, I’m loooking at the aluminum trans case and steering system when the time comes.

As the bad seems like a novel I honestly can’t complain much about it. It’s a blast to drive!

Pics coming soon…

I've read the best upgrade for these cars is to switch to Yokomo rod ends. Apparently the Red Cat ends can be sticky and cause friction.

Back