• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo suply question

25pinjo15

First sorry for broken english i'm a french canadian

Hello everyone

So i just bought a scx10 II kit and put a kyosho starter pack 4wd in it and replace the 20t motor to a 35t. And the servo by this one :

SODIAL(R) High Torque MG996R Metal Gear Digital Servo for Futaba JR RC Car Boat Helicopter
Features:
High speed, stable and shock proof.
Metal gear and double ball bearing
Compatible with most standard receiver connector: Futaba, Hitec, Sanwa, GWS etc.
Stall Torque: 13 kg / cm (4.8V), 15 kg / cm (6.0V).
Operating Speed: 0.17 sec/60 degrees (4.8V no load), 0.14 sec / 60 degrees (6.0V no load)
Operating voltage: 4.8 - 7.2V.
Temperature range: -0¡æ -- +55¡æ
Dead band width: 5usec.
Power Supply: through external adapter.
Dimension: 40mm x 19mm x 43mm.
Gear type: metal gears.
Connector wire length: 300mm.

But the esc that came with the kyosho pack dosent suply enought power because servo lag or i lost total control for 1 sec when the servo is under moderate load ( on asphalt no throtle, rock ect)

I know the servo is good i try it in another device

So im wondering if i can hook up directly on the 2s lipo because i know when fully charger they are like 8.2 volt i think or should only put capacitor ( i have plenty ) directly hooked up in my 3rd channel slot
I would like to plug it directly to get maximum torque bit im afraid to nuke it when the 2s is fully charged ..

I read lot of post but nothing is clear

Thank you and have a great day !

Envoyé de mon SM-G870W en utilisant Tapatalk

It's called a BROWN out. "CC BEC 10 AMP" and you will be fine. get the link cable and you can bump up the voltage to what you want. I have one in all 6 of my rigs. I won't run with out it.

Yea i know the bec solution but i cant get one right now . I will buy one in few week but for now . I know that capacitor is the safer solution but if i cant plug it direclty one the battery it could be awesome

I writed to the company waiting for reponse. It cheap strong one. I had bought this for arduino project . And instaled in ky scx10 because the one that came with kyosho pack is a 6kg.... good for light buggy

You can do anything you want. The servo is only rated to 6 volts. If it was rated to handle 2s lipo they would tell you that. A charged 2s lipo is going to put 8.4 volts to the servo, if it does work, it won't work for very long. I'm surprised you are getting brown outs with this servo. It's not like it's a monster torque servo or something. I had a few years ago and never needed an external BEC. The ones I had didn't last very long either. Maybe something else is going on there?

The esc that came with the kyosho pack seam cheap. And the servo provided with the kit was a 6kg cm torque . On the esc there is a small capacitor and by small mean very small to power the reciver

0c8c3bdded2ae481141b9c53b40a2a0b.jpg

I search the whole internet for that crappy esc and the output for the transmiter is only peak 3 amp at 6 volt

Thats is for the brusless version i cant find the brushed one but it should be similat the 45a 60 a and the 80a are all 3amps 6 volt

67460faaa04a693ec0af4844d1d0ff51.jpg

5x 1000 uf capacitor plugin in v in of the reciver . Servo work faster and no more lag . Problem solved !

Back