• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX24 3D printed Front battery mount

HumboldtEF

Tiny truck hoarder
Lifetime Gold Baby!
I just wanted to share the files for the front battery tray on Thingivense so anyone who wants can go grab it, there's a lowered version (4.5mm) and a stock body height version.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3677918/files

3uydjZEl.jpg

2KsNSwil.jpg

oDeX6XPl.jpg

cnQJIqpl.jpg

I'm just gonna copy & paste the description but you can also read more in my build thread http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/609167-whittling-scx24-2.html#post5941277

This is a front mount battery tray for the Axial SCX24 with an option to lower the body 4.5mm. I've included 2 versions, one with the body at the stock height and one with it sitting 4.5mm lower. The version that lowers the body also includes a new rear hinge that flips the body back farther and lowers the body (4.5mm).

To use this battery tray you need to relocate the ESC/Receiver. I found after removing the stock battery tray that the distance between the frame rails was virtually the same as the width of the ESC/receiver box and a very simply and lightweight way of mounting it was to simply glue it between the frame rails. Make sure to get it as low as possible without it interfering with the rear links and on off switch. I'd recommend using E6000 or Shoe Goo for glue. Hot glue could work too but may come loose eventually. Gluing this in also added a ton of rigidity as a nice plus.

For the lowered body mount version you also need to print the lowered rear hinge. This hinge also allows the body to flip back farther, so it no longer flips closed on its own easily. To get the front sitting 4.5mm lower you need to set the body posts at the top hole. To use the stock height mount use the 2nd hole down.

The battery tray prints in 3 parts, the battery tray, wing 1 and wing 2. This was done to make printing easier. The wings are what hold the battery in on the sides and they need to be glued in with CA (super glue), there's a groove on the mating pieces to help key them together.
The stock battery strap can be reused to hold the battery in. I also included battery strap slots so the battery can be mounted sideways or front to back. Just make sure your battery wires reach or you may need to make a short jumper.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

Did you 3D print your lowered body mounts or just fab those? If 3D printed I would like that file as well if you don't mind sharing.

Edit. My bad. Just saw it was all there. Thank you!

Last edited:
Your welcome guys I'm happy to share "thumbsup"

Awesome work! Will the lowered boddy work without moving the esc and battery?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I dont think you'll be able to lower the body without moving the electronics around. The front battery tray (which includes the body post mounts) eliminates the stock ESC/receiver box location so it would need a new home anyway.

Back