• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 III coming soon?

Already got parts ordered for two of these. Just need the kits now!

@Durok I don’t know if a straight axle swap from a mog will work with the center pumpkin, but maybe...

I will be building mine as a single speed with dig. I have no need for a 2 speed. Wheels and tires will definitely be sold off, and I'll be putting SSD steel wheels and my tire of choice underneath.

I'm really not that big of a fan of Jeep, but I'm digging this body and how detailed it is. Very scale.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Aside from a few carry over "designs" (driveshafts) the chassis is all new and completely different from the SCX10 II. The beauty of working with a new vendor allows you to start fresh. There are items carried over from the Capra, but again those were all new parts at the new vendor.

The chassis rails while similar to the Vaterra rails are drastically different. Horizon Hobby held the patent on the 2 piece adjustable rail, so we were able to tap into that to create a 2 piece adjustable frame rail set. These rails allow for more up travel front and rear over the old SCX10 II rails using the portal axles. Even more with a straight axle.

Did Axial lose you???

A whole totally new chassis,the angles of the chassis reminds me of a VP chassis and a Element chassis. Not unless I'm wrong but they do look alike.(im probably wrong tho)
1c3f147f3f9bbd5f0547cfa9e4a922c8.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

A whole totally new chassis,the angles of the chassis reminds me of a VP chassis and a Element chassis. Not unless I'm wrong but they do look alike.(im probably wrong tho)

The Ascender had the angular chassis long before the VP and Element rigs were even a concept.

Those shock towers rule, with the chassis rails coming in a close second as far as what I like engineering-wise...

Scx10 3

Where’s that at I want one is all I know [emoji6] I could care less for the portals but I like the idea of stock dig and two speed options. Even if I won’t use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on the fence for a while, deciding if I would buy another new rig or just keep the old scx-10 Dolt going for a little while longer.

At the scale comp last weekend, it became obvious that the Dolt just isn't competitive anymore. I was eyeing the Traxxas rigs and was giving them some serious consideration.

No more- I want one of these! Being a kit will definitely rekindle some of the lost passion that I had for the hobby. Thanks Axial! ( and thanks for FINALLY getting the front axle with an offset diff !) "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Re: Scx10 3

Where’s that at I want one is all I know [emoji6] I could care less for the portals but I like the idea of stock dig and two speed options. Even if I won’t use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They won't be available for a month. Keep in mind this is a kit with no electronics for almost $400. It's over priced considering you can get a RTR trx4 for a few dollars more. Or any other axial straight axle for $100 less.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk

If you factor in the body with all its molded parts its not too bad, that is if you want the body. Price out a traxxas body with all its molded parts and you'll be looking at $150+ if ordered on its own.

Has anyone nailed down an actual availability date? I pre ordered at my lhs and he said his contact at Horizon told him the end of this month? But Their website says late April? Either way, I haven't been this excited for new release in quite some time.

I've been thinking about another crawler lately. I have a Wraith and an Ascender blazer. The mechanical scale aspect is very important to me. Was kinda waffling between Gen8, Sendero, TRX4. Portals are scale despite what people say, guys have been swapping them into Jeeps and such for a long time. After seeing this new axial I am SOLD! The fact that they FINALLY added an offset diff in the front axle is huge. The whole centered diff in a "scale" truck bugs the crap outta me! This new rig looks awesome!

Your thread was merged here. No reason for another general SCX10 III thread.

Has anyone nailed down an actual availability date? I pre ordered at my lhs and he said his contact at Horizon told him the end of this month? But Their website says late April? Either way, I haven't been this excited for new release in quite some time.

Was quoted 4/21/20.
That’s when I get it .........

Hang up and Drive

Back