• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 III coming soon?

Go Nitro Hobbies has them and guaranteed delivery by Tuesday for me. If you are indeed in the Northeast USA it should be the same for you. I've ordered countless times from them and they are very reputable. They have a brick and mortar store in NJ so you are supporting an LHS too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-AXI0...AOSwM9hefSkR:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!19504!US!-1

Thanks for the great, super fast suggestions guys! I ended up ordering from Go Nitro because I figured I'd get it sooner from to New Jersey than Colorado. The shipping said guaranteed by next Tuesday.

Next up: Decide on a motor/ESC combo. What's the general consensus on what to run? I have to confess I've been scanning this thread and have missed quite a few posts. I'm think of going brushless but I do have a new HW 1080 and a couple brushed motors waiting to be put to work if I so choose.

Don't get mad if I already missed it, but is this a 540-only truck or will 540 and 550 motors fit? I figure based on all of the new features it looks like it's going to weigh a couple of pounds more than the SCX10 II.

Good suggestions, I've bought from GoNitro and good service, CrawlSpace been long time for me buying from them so dont' recall.

540 fits right in, according to Rich 550 will fit, but may need to move wires around little and/or trim the faux engine over the motor. :)

My FedEx story is that I was waiting on an important package that showed "Out for Delivery". I was home all day and it never showed and never showed then the status changed to "Delivered" still no package so I called customer service and they said it was delivered and I told them I was home all day and it never arrived. We went back and forth like that for a few minutes till the operator said I will check with the delivery driver. The driver called me a little later and insisted it had been delivered I and told her I had been home all day and that no FedEx truck had been at my house. This went back and forth a few times with no resolution. Two days later and no package and FedEx still insisting it was delivered until one of my neighbors called and said she had a package with my name on it. I walked down to her house and there was the package I had been looking for. Turned out the driver delivered the package to house number 205 not my 215 which was clearly marked on the label. I called FedEx back and filed a complaint on the driver and customer service. I was NOT a happy camper over that deal.

Last edited:
SERIOUSLY sorry you went through that...but, with FedEx, it's, unfortunately, a common occurrence - delivering to wrong address, claiming 'delivered' when package is still on the truck (but gets delivered 1-2 days later), the standard "drop & run", leaving small packages on front doorstep in plain view of people walking by (even though it clearly states in my account to "toss light packages over the patio fence), etc, etc, etc. Can't tell you how many times I've had to file complaints.

Here's to hoping that EVERYONE who pre-ordered not only received theirs, but received it in a "timely manner", and receives it undamaged.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Ah, FedEx... I work for a component manufacturer in the bicycle industry, and had a shipment of demo bikes sent to my house. I get a call from my neighbor, wondering if I’m home (I was about 10 min away, on my way back when he called) because FedEx dropped a dozen boxed bikes (roughly $45K worth of bikes) and just left. Driver didn’t even try to knock, just put them all on the front step & left. Shipment was sent signature required too. :evil: Thankfully, I’ve got an amazing neighbor & he came over and stood guard until I got back.

Last edited:
Not to further perpetuate this derail, but FedEx did not fail to disappoint again. Got delivery notice for 3/30 this morning after the truck left Sacramento, just got another one bumping it to 4/2. Sucks because I'll be home Monday but not Thursday.

Not to further perpetuate this derail, but FedEx did not fail to disappoint again. Got delivery notice for 3/30 this morning after the truck left Sacramento, just got another one bumping it to 4/2. Sucks because I'll be home Monday but not Thursday.

Sacramento!!!??? Your rc truck came through my town, what the hell? Hope it gets to you without a hitch, in these times it's nice to have something to keep your mind off of the current situation.

Looking forward to the influx of build threads next week :)

Last edited:
My FedEx story is that I was waiting on an important package that showed "Out for Delivery". I was home all day and it never showed and never showed then the status changed to "Delivered" still no package so I called customer service and they said it was delivered and I told them I was home all day and it never arrived. We went back and forth like that for a few minutes till the operator said I will check with the delivery driver. The driver called me a little later and insisted it had been delivered I and told her I had been home all day and that no FedEx truck had been at my house. This went back and forth a few times with no resolution. Two days later and no package and FedEx still insisting it was delivered until one of my neighbors called and said she had a package with my name on it. I walked down to her house and there was the package I had been looking for. Turned out the driver delivered the package to house number 205 not my 215 which was clearly marked on the label. I called FedEx back and filed a complaint on the driver and customer service. I was NOT a happy camper over that deal.

This is weird.

In this case, can you fill a complaint with paypal or the company that you use to pay, for a non delivered parcel to retrieve the money?

That's scary and it happens. A customer has no proof if something wasn't delivered, but FedEx has that little green "Delivered" as their proof. To me that's not proof of anything except some dummy scanning a package. I wonder what kind of fight, under the law, a person really has with FedEx or the vendor from which you bough the goods.

That really sucks!

Sacramento!!!??? Your rc truck came through my town, what the hell? Hope it gets to you without a hitch, in these times it's nice to have something to keep your mind off of the current situation.

Looking forward to the influx of build threads next week :)

Delivery notice changed back to 3/30 this morning...maybe they decided Sacramento wasn't all that far from NC after all?? :shock: Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it being housebound every other day...

That's scary and it happens. A customer has no proof if something wasn't delivered, but FedEx has that little green "Delivered" as their proof. To me that's not proof of anything except some dummy scanning a package. I wonder what kind of fight, under the law, a person really has with FedEx or the vendor from which you bough the goods.

That's a very good point. I've wondered about that every time I get home and see a big brown package sitting on the porch 80' from the road. What would I do...? What could I do...?

Mine was scheduled for delivery Tomorrow (Sat), and it's in the Troutdale, OR FedEx facility, but now it shows a delivery exception for a weather delay.
Hopefully it's not too much of a delay.

It would be sweet if Axial slapped the UMG body back on this rig."thumbsup""thumbsup"

The easy assumption is that this will get an unlicensed UMG body at some point. I'm guessing it'll be an RTR. I don't foresee them trying to obtain a license from Mercedes-Benz.

THIS.
Nothing against Jeeps, but seriously, do we need yet another one?

This is the first JL body that looks decent to me. The Proline full lexan simply does not compare.

To me, the Unimog is just not a very relatable vehicle. I honestly can’t even recall seeing one. Maybe I have, but it was just not a memorable experience for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather see a M1078 or like body.

Jason Ruona of JConcepts said in a live stream that they are coming out with an M17 (or something similar to that, but don't quote me on the name) crawler body so maybe you'll get a military body.

Back