• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 III coming soon?

They're probably using a generic model designation for some good old CYA. My guess is that it's like the first. I hope not because that body has already been made by both Axial and RC4WD I believe.

HobbyTech has a nice one too. I think they call it the survival

So I suddenly find myself with a Mamba X esc, HH Trailmaster BL 540 3300kv motor and a 3Bros G13 steering servo without a home. While I know this setup would be somewhat overkill for this truck, would it be...too much..?

Maybe a better place to post the question technically but it seemed I had the right audience here.

HobbyTech has a nice one too. I think they call it the survival

I'm not familiar with that one. I'll check it out. Thank you.

So I suddenly find myself with a Mamba X esc, HH Trailmaster BL 540 3300kv motor and a 3Bros G13 steering servo without a home. While I know this setup would be somewhat overkill for this truck, would it be...too much..?

Maybe a better place to post the question technically but it seemed I had the right audience here.

That should be great in this truck. The motor kv may be a little high, but if you drop the pinion down it should be workable.

Cool, so like a 15t or 16t...too bad they're 48p, don't think I have much stock in that pitch. Should be fun in 2nd gear 8)

Thanks! "thumbsup"

On the SCX10 III the gears are 32 pitch. And the stock pinion is 14T so you'll want to go down in teeth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ1Y2JiNE_w&t=0s. After seeing this I am not so sure I want one :roll:
Looked like I'm not the only one wondering why you wouldn't want one. How about explaining yours reasons? Just saying "After watching, don't think I want one", doesn't help anyone understand what you think is wrong with it.

Personally...and, I'm certainly no expert in crawlers, not even 'advanced'...I think it's a great kit, and a HUGE improvement over the SCX.2. When I was looking for my second crawler kit, for a number of reasons, I chose the Trail King Pro over the SCX10.2...but, if it had been against the SCX10.3, there's a very good possibility the Trail King would have been "overruled".

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

I was a little worried they'd follow the competitors on this release, bleh.

Portals, 2 speed and dig out of the box, fail! I'll look for the rest in takes off though.

What about that video makes you not want one?

1. The noise:shock:...if you want to challenge all with an outrunner its ok :lmao:
2. The torque twist ...well it is what it is
3. The 2speed is freakin pointless....almost no difference so why having it?
4. Stock tires are ...mmmh..mediocre at best
5. Its a Jeep body...but I wanted to wait for the Kit anyway so that doesent matter at all.

Because this car will not be available here in Europe in a short while and the prices for axial are usually blown up, I will turn my interest to a YikongAMEWI "thumbsup"

Last edited:
1. The noise:shock:...if you want to challenge all with an outrunner its ok :lmao:
5. Its a Jeep body...but I wanted to wait for the Kit anyway so that doesent matter at all.

Because this car will not be available here in Europe in a short while and the prices for axial are usually blown up, I will turn my interest to a YikongAMEWI "thumbsup"

1. I've only run mine inside for a short test drive so far and it is noisy. There are a lot of gears in the transmission and they are all metal, including the pinion and spur gear, so there's no way to get around the noise. The pinion/spur mesh isn't lubed so that makes it louder.
2. Haven't ran it enough to touch on that.
3. Lock out the 2-speed if you don't like it. It would be very nice of the transmission was built in a modular fashion where the 2-speed and dig were bolted on, but that would be a more extensive and expensive design.
4. No kit or RTR includes tires that are fantastic. That's a moot point.
5. Agree that it's a Jeep, but it's the most well-done Jeep body ever and it looks great.

Man you sure dismissed all the things he didn’t like about it. I don’t want it either but I’ve voiced my reasons and didn’t get beat down like this guy.

If somebody does want a Jeep Wrangler body, a two speed, dig, or portal axles, it seems the iii is not for them, at least right now.

Perhaps the ii will stay relevant, and in production for several more years.

1) Show me one crawler that's silent. They all have some level of "noise".
2) Most have torque twist...sure, some more than others, but they still have it.
3) Some people like and/or want 2-speed. If you don't want it, you can lock it to 'low' or 'high'.. at least they give people that option.
4) From what I've seen (so far), most kits that include tires include "mediocre" tires...nothing new here.
5) While I'm (somewhat) in agreement about the Jeep body (as others are), it's impossible for me to see how that would be a "deal killer"...there are countless other bodies available, and there's always more body choices being released.

As for being in Europe, the release being delayed, and 'inflated' pricing, so what. Sure, you'd have to wait a little longer, but, here in the US, we have the exact same thing when it comes to many European brands...heck, some don't ever make it stateside. Worse, even when we can get European brands, getting spare parts can someone prove difficult-to-impossible. I'd love to get my hands on a TVR Chimaera. However, obtaining one would be incredibly difficult, and getting parts would be all but impossible...but, it doesn't stop me from wanting one.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

On the SCX10 III the gears are 32 pitch. And the stock pinion is 14T so you'll want to go down in teeth.

That's funny, it says the pinion is 48p 14t in the parts list in the manual top of pg 58...maybe another typo...?

And, yeah, duh, I regularly manage to get lysdexic on the gear up or down between the pinion and spur. It's written down in my phone, trust me...just need to refer to it more often. :oops:

FedEx just delivered mine so they came through after all! "thumbsup"

Back