• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 AX90034 Kit Completed + basic mods (pics)

joshpit2003

Hey guys,

I recently completed my first RC kit:
Axial AX90034 SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Kit

I took my time with it, and made a few modifications along the way. Overall, I'm very happy with my choice to buy a kit and I'm looking forward to doing some wheelin'.

hero_front_3-4_6x4x300_zps3ewutulq.jpg

hero_rear_3-4_6x4x300_zpsuon2rsed.jpg

tire_zpso8duf43d.jpg

rock-rails_zpstmnuj8an.jpg

rock-rails_detail_zpsf6nbbc4a.jpg

bumper_zpskk8uqdxk.jpg

bumper_detail_zpsozytx3pa.jpg

antenna_zpskukgczr4.jpg

antenna_detail_zpsvs5ugyxi.jpg

steering_linkage_zps0kswc8yd.jpg

Most of the mods are fairly simple, just a matter of hacking away at plastic and maybe drilling some new holes.

The relocation of the receiver box was the only mod that required something outside of the kit. I designed a bracket to be cut from 0.250" delrin on my laser-cutter. For those lacking a laser-cutter I'm sure you could cut out a similar bracket from whatever you have lying around.

Things I purchased beyond the kit:

- battery: Hexfly 5000 mAh Lipo

- ESC: Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL Waterproof

- ESC Com: Castle Creations Castle Link USB Programming Adapter

- Motor: Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Expert 540 13t
(straight-leads, CCW motor direction, 6 Degrees advanced)

- Servo: Bastens

- Servo Horn: Axial AX30836 Aluminum Servo Horn 25T

- Transmitter: FlySky FS-GT3B 2.4GHz 3-Channel Transmitter
(comes with a matching 3-channel receiver)

- Transmitter Batteries: AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
(I spent hours capacity-testing these batteries against 2 other name-brands, and these ones came out ahead)

- AA Battery Charger: SunLabz 8 Bay Smart Battery Charger
(very happy with this)

I have plans to turn this crawler into a FPV setup w/ head-tracking. But that will be another post of mine in the distant future.

Last edited:
Nice looking rig! I like the idea of tucking in the front bumper inward more to improve approach angle. I'm going to give that a shot.

The plastic axial poison spyder bumper can be moved inwards quite a bit. Dont remember the mm amount, but I've done this too and theres just so much you can dremel out.

A new set of tire foams will be in your future. The stock foams are already too soft to provide proper support and now they have even less since they have been cut.

A new set of tire foams will be in your future. The stock foams are already too soft to provide proper support and now they have even less since they have been cut.

Hum, that doesn't seem to be the case just yet. But thanks for the warning.

Perhaps if the foam degrades it will become an issue, but right now I'm happy with the foam/tire performance and was even wondering if I should have cut down a little more. Super-glue holds the tire to the rim (as per the instructions), so at least the foam doesn't have to do that job.

Back