• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCRCC 2015-16 Comp #4 - Glendale Shoals

Any updates on weather ? I know on my side of sams gap its pretty bad today and not looking good for the weekend :cry:

Right now on my phone it's showing Saturday 25% rain 41*/22*. So as of right now Saturday is still a go, but if it gets worse Sunday is looking better. Final decision will be announced by Friday afternoon for the most accurate response. Thanks!

We have a couple inches of snow right now up here in the mountains. Another 8-12" is expected by Saturday. I hope they're wrong. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up for this weekend! We are supposed to have a solid rain on Friday, which shouldn't be too much of an issue for Saturday.. However, if it rains a lot the river will be up rather high and makes it quite interesting to crawl next to. We have a lot of experience within this area so we are planning on making the course as safe/fun as possible. With that being said please bring appropriate clothing for this event, it is going to be chilly and very slick! If anyone wants to watch a few videos of Glendale Shoals to get an idea of the area check this out.. https://www.youtube.com/user/wilbywise/videos

I'm looking forward to testing this new rig out too :badger:

IMG_5019.jpg

Welp it looks like I'm not going, regardless of weather. Just smoked my motor...

If it snows like it's supposed to, the mountains are getting another 8-18" by Saturday... I'll be snowed in. I have a 55t Novak but I'd rather not run that motor and just roll it around with my hands lmao.

If it snows like it's supposed to, the mountains are getting another 8-18" by Saturday... I'll be snowed in. I have a 55t Novak but I'd rather not run that motor and just roll it around with my hands lmao.

I'm in the same boat - errrrr sled as you. I'm up here in Wilkes Co and were supposed to get 12+ inches tomorrow :cry: but I'm still optimistic that I'll make it - we'll see.

Not looking good for me either. I'm probably going half to work pushing it off the roads.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Dang it looks like I have to work Saturday too :cry:. SStone, if the date gets moved to Sunday I can hook you up with a brushed motor! Word on the street is it will be 45 degrees and sunny that day, just saying.. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Dang it looks like I have to work Saturday too :cry:. SStone, if the date gets moved to Sunday I can hook you up with a brushed motor! Word on the street is it will be 45 degrees and sunny that day, just saying.. :mrgreen:

I appreciate it but I happened to have a 55t Novak laying around. It'll make do for now. I'll be there as long as the weather allows me to get out of the mountains.

Well I ain't going nowhere this weekend....

1a840cf2cdb56047970a43bcc541b7d4.jpg

Back