• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

scale comp RAINED OUT!!! couple pics...

kaneohecrawler

RCC Addict
Rules haven't changed but if anyone has questions feel free to ask.
10$ buy in 1st 2nd 3rd will take home cash and prizes. I have a few companies donating some pretty sweet prizes. So come out and let's have a good time.

guidelines

1- +3 points for an assist of any kind via winch,tow rope, or strap..
2- +2 points for hitting a gate marker.
3- +10 points for hand of god.
4- +20 points if you DQ due to breakage. per course. not the whole event unless unfix-able, then its a DNF IF CAN BE FIXED IN UNDER 10 MINS DRIVER CAN CONTINUE AND FINISH COURSE BUT STILL TAKES THE 20 POINT PENALTY(this counts for battery changes during course. between courses no penalty) so be mindfull of your charge.
5- -1 points for progress through each gate.
6- 3 tries at an obstacle, then a mandatory assist to keep things moving
7- scale points will come into effect and your total points will be halved and awarded that number in the negative for each course ie: 30 scale points will start at -15 on each course. the scale point cap will be 30 points
8- max tire size is 4.75x1.75. No rim restrictions

the objective will be for your rig to finish each course with as few points possible.

Class-2 “Trail” Details

• The inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors
• The body (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase
• A front bumper is required and must be mounted to vehicles rail chassis and wider the the chassis (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers)
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase extensions are legal for bumpers as long as the chassis meets other specs)
• Truggies are allowed, but must have a rail chassis up too the rear of the skid minimum. The truggy structure must extend to the back of the rear axles pumpkin or beyond to be legal.
• Flatbeds that run the full length of the rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed.
• 2 of the 3 following modifications are allowed
- Dovetailing the rear (a truggy/tube bed that is narrower than the cab counts as dovetail).
- Boat sides (no more then 1" measured vertically)
- Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab)
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed
• Body / Cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and wider then the inside measurement of the vehicles track width (front or rear, whichever is wider).
• 120mm / 4.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size including spare
• Gates will be a minimum of 12" wide so mind your width

• Full size spare tire.*‐3

Last edited:
do we have to water proof our rig?

Nope! These comps have always been "anybody" friendly."thumbsup" From the most experienced to the newest hobbiest. Any body can compete as long as the rig meets the class 2 regulations. You and anyone can find those in the scale rules section so that you'll know if ur good or not and if changes need to be made.

Hahaha parvo been crawling 4 long time.....travis he has bobby old leaf spring truck....we have some of my other friends coming back out 2. With scale crawlers. So its going 2 be a good turn out

Last edited:
Hahaha parvo been crawling 4 long time.....travis he has bobby old leaf spring truck....we have some of my other friends coming back out 2. With scale crawlers. So its going 2 be a good turn out

I know he has esp. since him n sheldon go way back. I was just putting it out there so everyone knows its anybody friendly. I'm excited for this one. gonna see if I can find a person to keep score so I can concentrate on driving. Lol and brendas gonna be capturing all the action again."thumbsup" I still gotta get all the pics to you guys from the last comp. I have a metric shit ton.

Once I figure out the location gonna make flyers n post em at the hobby shops.

Nope! These comps have always been "anybody" friendly."thumbsup" From the most experienced to the newest hobbiest. Any body can compete as long as the rig meets the class 2 regulations. You and anyone can find those in the scale rules section so that you'll know if ur good or not and if changes need to be made.

k thank you and no i dont know sheldon that good im always with army of one"thumbsup"

I get question. Can someone still come out to play, but not compete? The scale rig I'm thinking of sending home isn't Class2 legal. My tires are all reduced. ;) Are modified wheels legit?

Schit. Maybe just time to invest in some 1.9 Pit Bulls and Mayhem 1.9 Monsters.

-Brian

I get question. Can someone still come out to play, but not compete? The scale rig I'm thinking of sending home isn't Class2 legal. My tires are all reduced. ;) Are modified wheels legit?

Schit. Maybe just time to invest in some 1.9 Pit Bulls and Mayhem 1.9 Monsters.

-Brian

Yes that's fine we had 2 come out just to play 2 comps back. Tires can only have lugs removed or siped. Any modifications beyond that are illegal. IE: reduced,ecpanded,ect...
There are NO rim restrictions as long as your tires aren't over 4.75" per manufacturer specs.

Or just get some 1.9 scale tires n lets have a ball.

Back