• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCA-1E Range Rover ride height

Jesus-Creeper

Hi All

Does anybody know how to adjust the ride height on a Carisma SCA-1E Range Rover?

I would like to fit some larger tyres, and at the moment they are fouling on the body shell.

Are there parts needed or is it just a case of adjusting the shocks?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ben

you need a lift kit yo about 1700 from ruff country lol

oh you mean for your RC lol
maybe longer shocks
maybe shock keys
maybe there's
enuff adjustment in the stock shock towers to move the shock down a hole

Can’t send pics right now, but the only adjustment I can see is pre-load for the springs.

I don’t need that much height increase, just enough for the wheels to clear the front fender corners.

More spring pre-load might get you there, but lowering the upper shock mount hole is really gonna be the right path. "Shock Keys" will likely get that solved with as little fuss as possible.

I've never had a model from the brand you're describing so I don't know how much aftermarket support there is for it. If you're not able to find shock keys for that model via the internet it's probable that none exist.

You may be able to fit new shock towers, and find keys for those towers. Shock towers from an Axial SCX10.3 or Element Enduro would likely have enough aftermarket support to make finding shock keys much easier.

Depending on your tire size, you may have to do some body trimming anyway. Cutting away some of the lexan surrounding the wheel openings might be your only option if you're stuffing some big 4.75 OD tires under there, and you're shooting for zero rubbing.

Spring preload (or firmer springs), lowering the upper shock eye placement and body trimming will likely be the winning combination.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve had a tinker with it, and that’s exactly what I did. It turns out the kit has ‘built in’ shock keys. New tyres fitted and it is much better. Thanks for all the advice. 👍🏻

Back