• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ruined scx10 pro

Looks GREAT with that body!

Like some of those fully-built Jeep rock crawlers you see around Moab..."thumbsup"

I've got one of those too. Kinda matches the lines of mine even though I don't have as much body left. If I had the bigger tires I'm planning to get (42-43") it would be even more similar.

UrGMd9o.jpeg

JGSxLfV.jpeg

Sweet!

I see your 1:1 tires a lot on foreign trials trucks, like the Borneo Safari clips from CROCKER KINABALU 4X4 TV's YouTube channel.

Are they Maxxis?

I swear I used to like painting when I was younger. Now it really feels like a hassle. My main issue was finding paint since silver is hard to come by for whatever reason. I ended up finding a can I had bought a couple years ago and was able to sort of pull off the look I wanted. I'm going to try doing some trim lines with a paint marker once that order shows up. I do really like the look of this body though. It fits the car almost perfectly.

Almost ready for a test run

botM5WC.jpeg

Paint looks fine, again it's in keeping with a realistic 1:1 rock crawlin' rig..."thumbsup"

Looks good to me. I used to like painting a lot more when I had an airbrush. I dont do very well with rattle cans. Single color or really basic two color stuff at most and I even mess that up sometimes.

The result was good, I just couldn't find colors to do what I wanted exactly. Not much choice for grays available in a rattle can I found. Lol

I got another detail finished on the body to take after my 1:1. I've got flat clear coming that I'm going to spray on the silver parts (outside) so I can use an acrylic paint marker for some trim lines. That should finish out the body pretty nicely.

pObdhdL.jpeg

Old pic of my 1:1 for reference
7Fmpwke.jpeg

The next trick will be trying to bend another one of these for the other side. My first attempt at a cage
1QSk0ab.jpeg

Last edited:
This is coming along nicely!

(rubs hands together in anticipation...)

the-simpsons-evil-laugh.gif

It really is a nice looking body. I have looked at it in the Amain shop and many times though to order it. Too bad its thin, hopefully it lasts.

Building a cage for it is definitely the right idea, its gonna look killer. "thumbsup"

That cage is looking pretty precise for a first time.

Thanks. I've been taking my time to try and get it squared up and even side to side. Gives additional respect to the work guys like my buddy (who did all the tube work on my 1:1) does every day. I've never built one but I've helped bend some tube so I understand what needs to happen, but execution is a whole different thing. To say I'm pleased with the outcome is a massive understatement.

Speaking of the outcome, I finished it up this morning. Ended up using just short of 6' of tube. I did a test fit and got it mounted, then pulled it for paint. I'll get the finished pic up later this weekend.
gbxRqXP.jpeg

It really is a nice looking body. I have looked at it in the Amain shop and many times though to order it. Too bad its thin, hopefully it lasts.

Building a cage for it is definitely the right idea, its gonna look killer. "thumbsup"

Those were my thoughts as well. I ordered the tube when I ordered the body, but I wasn't sure if the cage would be for the Coyote or this montech. I liked this one enough I wanted to try and make it live

I will say this body made the cage work super easy as I just followed the "tube" lines that are molded in for the main shape.

If anyone is curious, this is the bender I'm using and it's excellent. I searched for a while to find a bender with a nice tight radius. This also has a tab to clamp into my vise which made repeating bends much easier.

OTC 4403 Tubing Bender https://a.co/d/aaqnzAU

Cage is done and mounted. Paint is hammered gray. I'm going to work on some inner fenders then probably call it good for now. I had to ditch the stock battery strap. I'm going to try running just velcro to hold the battery.

YhRnXM6.jpeg

2nAayUG.jpeg

Last edited:
The body is on and finished. I masked the windows and sprayed flat clear on the top half (silver parts), then used a paint marker to draw in some of the trim lines for a bit of definition.

I'm also looking at some different tires. When i started this kit I didn't set out to make a mini version of my own jeep, but I kinda did in the end. That lead to me ordering some new wheels last night. I've got some knockoff method 105s coming for it. I decided to give the whole 1.9 thing a shot so tires are needed as well. I'm going to see what the local shop has, but I'm leaning toward the vanquish vxt2.

Other random items, my coyote body showed up today so that'll get to sit in the box for a while. Ssd brass knuckles are coming too.

EItG4QV.jpeg

aL4B4F7.jpeg

These:

1.9" TPD All-Terrain Crawler Tire Gekko BLACK 4.25"x1.65" (108x41.9mm) w/ 2-Stage Foam Insert (2)

kinda resemble your 1:1 tires... "thumbsup"

boom-racing-brtr19010-700x600.jpg

These:

1.9" TPD All-Terrain Crawler Tire Gekko BLACK 4.25"x1.65" (108x41.9mm) w/ 2-Stage Foam Insert (2)

kinda resemble your 1:1 tires... "thumbsup"

boom-racing-brtr19010-700x600.jpg

Yeah, I was looking for something in a 4.75". Axial 1.9 trep would match, but its only 4.6. I'd like a better performing tire, and a little bigger.

Back