• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Riddler Pro Chassis

At rest...

Cheers
Dan

How did u manage to obtain such a droop setup?
Shocks lenght?
What springs?
Limiter?
etc...

thx

Mine right now...
20151108_012648_zpsgivriflo.jpg

I cant remember measurements, i tune off feel and sight, and my rig was sold a few months ago as having a break from crawling so i can't grab measurements sorry.

For memory i had 6mm internal 3mm external limiting in the rear, 3-6mm internal in the front. Oil was 50wt allround. Springs were losi miniT rear silvers.
Shocks mounted to the most inboard hole in the chassis.
When setting springs you only want about 1mm of preload to hold the springs from shaking about.
I also used the shortest rodend i had for the shocks.

Follow this shock tech guide.. when you set the oil in the shock right and you compress the shock (without spring) and let go the shock rod should only come out about 3-5mm... if it comes out more you have not bleed the oil correctly so crack the cap open and do again.
Crawl ANZ - View topic - Pro rig shock Tech

Taken me a long time to be able to get this built up into a roller, Dan had to hook me up with a replacement hood panel as the first had a small issue which meant the shock mount was compromised. The replacement supplied was the new twin shock version, along with the extra side panels to mount the shocks.

The electronics have been smashed too and starting to be fitted. Wheel wise I have these from another rig, plus a set of SLWs with Sedonas that i'll swap onto.

Hopefully over the next week i'll be able to get this from a roller to a built rig.

Mine sits like yours now Noname

412d8aba5b00a4b8b425e2b64f7f9e55_zpsscbf7n03.jpg

I think yours is a bit lower even....my shocks measure 83mm eye to eye with an internal limiter (3mm) 40wt oil and the softest Losi Mini-t spring I can find (pink). Still playing with it. I'm not sure I want to limit the shocks any more, or use a different shock shaft to get it any lower, already at the limit with the shock mount locations.

I think my goal would be to get the top of the cab to be sitting below the top of the wheel at rest...

What are those front shocks Noname? And do you know what their length is?
Want to know where you plan on your electronics also....
Looks great Noname "thumbsup"

Looks slick "thumbsup"

What springs did you settle on inside the feature shocks?

Thanks man "thumbsup"

Swapped out to the Sedonas and SLWs and the rig looks better for it.

The shock units are Axial, I've got the internal spring I picked up from you, haven't been able to get out and tune the rig yet as still need to get the electronics in there, they are all smashed so nice and small, just a case of packing them in an efficient way and find somewhere for the battery to live. Then I get out and get some running/tuning in, can't wait.

Mine sits like yours now Noname

What are those front shocks Noname? And do you know what their length is?
Want to know where you plan on your electronics also....
Looks great Noname "thumbsup"

Check out my build thread, don't want to hijack this one;-)

Rigs looks good though"thumbsup"

Sweet rig... Can't wait to finish mine... But still, it's winter here so I have some time lol...

Envoyé de mon LG3 avec Tapatalk

Hey guys, was having a bit of time out :mrgreen:

Back now though, and been working on some cool bully2 stuff :twisted:

PM returned gumdung "thumbsup"

Also i set this page up as a temp until i can with with a mate to setup an online shop in the near future 8)
hulkstaengineeringrc

All the answer are in the comp crawler section my friend... And all the parts used are in the description, build thread etc...
But first thing first, u need to choose ur running gears, the axles...
And yes, this chassis is amazing...

Envoyé de mon LG3 avec Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back