• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Ascent Crawler

This is far and away the best review I have come across for this rig. Dude doesn't hold back and pulls some impressive lines with thing box stock...and the guy has European blood...lol

https://youtu.be/QO-9Z_1LofY?si=L5ZxsQqJ5GTqG9WJ

I watched this video at work earlier today and was very impressed with the stock performance of this rig. I've been wanting an ECTO for a while but I'm leaning more towards the Ascent now. I like the blue one with the box removed. A few small upgrades and this is a killer truck!! "thumbsup"

I watched this video at work earlier today and was very impressed with the stock performance of this rig. I've been wanting an ECTO for a while but I'm leaning more towards the Ascent now. I like the blue one with the box removed. A few small upgrades and this is a killer truck!! "thumbsup"

Nothing you cant also achieve with a cheap a$$ aliex rig(which the redcat basically is). The spot where he is driving is gorgeous though:mrgreen:
but that car is a perfect example what YT hype can produce

Last edited:
The voice of Europe everyone.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you might not be planning to buy one of these cars.

Nothing you cant also achieve with a cheap a$$ aliex rig(which the redcat basically is). The spot where he is driving is gorgeous though:mrgreen:

I don’t think anyone is claiming this rig has capabilities previously unachievable.

But what other (name brand) company offers a comparable rig at the same price point? Flat rails, forward motor mount, portals, metal links, aluminum shocks, bearings…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to decide if I want to go ahead order brass outer portal covers and aluminum lower link mounts.
I've broken the plastic link mounts before.
Motor, esc and wheels n tires will be removed and given to a friend that is in need.

Dude, you got a hair growing across your asshole? :ror:

Fimonda,Axspeed and all the other online suspicious. 8)

It’s possible the hype is being generated here in the US, and this could be a factor…

I googled axspeed contact info, got a link to aliexpress, and this is what I get when I try to select contact seller

04b0eb4ae2935d041e6660aa640a6ba7.jpg

Google redcat contact info and with one click you get email, normal business hours, phone and fax number (Jesus do they really have a fax machine??)

I know who I’d rather send my money to

6f6875672d622a43cb87b74744a6e211.jpg

For me, one of the big attractions of this rig and the Axial Pro is that they are readily available in Canada. I can go to my local hobby shop and buy them. I love all the boutique chassis' and transmissions etc but by the time I piece them together, pay the premium plus the shipping and duty/taxes/brokerage the prices become so absurd. I simply can't justify dropping those kinds of dollars on this hobby.

This rig is at a price point that will help it sell. Yeah the electronics suck and it needs tuning, the same story as 95% of rtr's. Who knows, this might yet get released as a kit.

For me, one of the big attractions of this rig and the Axial Pro is that they are readily available in Canada. I can go to my local hobby shop and buy them. I love all the boutique chassis' and transmissions etc but by the time I piece them together, pay the premium plus the shipping and duty/taxes/brokerage the prices become so absurd. I simply can't justify dropping those kinds of dollars on this hobby.

This rig is at a price point that will help it sell. Yeah the electronics suck and it needs tuning, the same story as 95% of rtr's. Who knows, this might yet get released as a kit.

Exactly....I'm in the same situation over here in Ontario. There's a couple good online shops here in Ontario and a small hobby shop around the corner from my workplace that carries all the popular brands including Redcat. I will order from the US as a last resort if I have to.

Ordered mine from Redcat.
1080 g1 esc
35t yeah racing motor
stock servo on 7.4v
shock springs are from SCX10 pro, internal springs 2 were cut in half, half spring inside each shock
20% overdrive
Trenchers on Methods
Truck works great even side hill. A lil weight would be nice in certain situations. I'll try brass rings in wheels before I buy brass portal covers for the front n rear.
After 2.5 hours of trail/crawling. I noticed the front acting a lil weird. Diff bearing at drive shaft was pulled out. Hmm. Pushed it back in but it came out. Carried it back to the truck. The pinion and pinion gear are held together by a screw. The screw had backed out. Back together and running fine.
I'm very happy with the performance of the Ascent truck. I almost bought 2. 1 for my brother but I bought him a eb410. Besides I just gave him my Military Buffalo.
Oh yeah love the radio. It was flawless. Can't wait for a night crawl to test out the led light built into the radio.

Last edited:
Still pretty intrigued by this rig, but I jumped on the vrd carbon instead. Maybe next spring when I start actually driving I’ll give the redcat a try.

I will say sbg made some really nice changes to his

Brass rings in the wheels and the fusion se 1200kv were excellent today. The brushed system just didn't have the low speed feel I was looking for. I will not be getting brass for the axles. The brass rings were all I needed. Ran hyrax tires today awesome. Now that I've got this sorted out I'll get back on my scx6.

Back