• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rear Honcho Type Cage for the 10.2

saddlesore

Quarry Creeper
Can anyone recommend a rear honcho type cage for my rig? I was going to just get the plastic honcho cage but those are out of stock. Anyone have any recommendations on metal or custom ones? Ive seen SMF RC Works but I hear their customer service and turnaround time is terrible.

Vaterra sells one.

Vaterra-1972-Chevrolet-K10-Pickup-Ascender-RTR-2.jpg

Ive seen SMF RC Works but I hear their customer service and turnaround time is terrible.

Oddly enough, I just picked one up from their eBay. Model A063. Shipping was quick and it's pretty darn nice. I'd pick up another if I needed one. I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

You can have a go at making your own. I used some 1/4 nylon rod and bent it into a roll cage. its actually much more sturdy than I was expecting. Shoe gooed some sheet metal under the plastic interior to give a firm attachment.

18236416_10213164686661454_1737787796_o.jpg

1/4" nylon rod huh? How did you bend it and how did you bond it with each other? I wish I knew how to weld steel or alum rods. Id try to build it using that stuff.

1/4" nylon rod huh? How did you bend it and how did you bond it with each other? I wish I knew how to weld steel or alum rods. Id try to build it using that stuff.

Cut, heat carefully and slowly with a heat gun (low setting is good), bend, Dremel the end fishmouthed, drill through both peices and screw it together. Tapping is unecessary if hole is properly sized. "thumbsup"

Cut, heat carefully and slowly with a heat gun (low setting is good), bend, Dremel the end fishmouthed, drill through both peices and screw it together. Tapping is unecessary if hole is properly sized. "thumbsup"

I might try this then...so nylon rod, not ABS?

Just cut all the pieces a little longer than needed for some wiggle room.

This ^^^ dont use a candle to heat up the nylon....

Was there much modification required to fit it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

script>

The Ascender cage with Hilux front was easy to do and needed no modification. I used magnets in the front under the hood and pins in the back to hold it on. I was able to pick up a Used Ascender cage for cheap although they aren't that expensive new.

bilinvic, triggerhappy and several others have used this cage on II's with success.

34939190460_6c5a3c0afe_o.jpg
[/URL] <SCRIPT src="https://widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr-4110feef4aefd18270192d8aeba3ff41.js" async="1"></SCRIPT> <SCRIPT src="https://embedr.flickr.com/assets/embedr-loader.js" async="1"></SCRIPT> <SCRIPT charset=utf-8 src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" async></SCRIPT> [/IMG]

The Ascender cage with Hilux front was easy to do and needed no modification. I used magnets in the front under the hood and pins in the back to hold it on. I was able to pick up a Used Ascender cage for cheap although they aren't that expensive new.

bilinvic, triggerhappy and several others have used this cage on II's with success.

I wonder if that would work with the RC4wd Mojave cab

I wonder if that would work with the RC4wd Mojave cab

Not sure about the Mojave, but I was planning to use this cage with a RC4WD Blazer body, but it didn't line up at all and there was no real way to make it work without doing modifications to the cage. The cage was simply too short.

a98a977e6fe055fa5aa1e4a8395392ec.jpg

Last edited:
Back