• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Question about SCX10 Deadbolt links

Hello Crawler Land,
This is a huge noob question and I'm sure it has been clarified hundreds of times. Anyway, I want to upgrade the links on my Deadbolt and would like to go with the Vanquish set. Now, according to Axial, the Deadbolt has a 12.0 inch wheelbase and it seems that most links sets are 12.3 inches (for the various Jeeps). Is there any way I can use the 12.3 sets without moving the body mounting tower or adjusting the wheelbase? Once again, I'm very sorry for the noob factor on this, I just don't want to plunk down $130.00 to find out I'm going to need a new body for my Deadbolt. :oops: :oops:
Many thanks,
The Cultist

There is a 12" Vanquish set, I have them, VPS06975. If you go with the 12.3" set then it will move your wheelbase, that's what the 12.3" is referring to.

Thanks for the info, I don't know how I missed the fact they make a 12 inch. I'll definitely be going with that! Color me very embarrassed. :oops:

Not trying to be rude but spending $130 on links is crazy. You can make them yourself with 8-32 all thread and 1/4 brakeline for about 30 bucks. This includes buying new rod ends.

Not trying to be rude but spending $130 on links is crazy. You can make them yourself with 8-32 all thread and 1/4 brakeline for about 30 bucks. This includes buying new rod ends.
It's not really that crazy. Titanium is a lot stronger than threaded rod. I've never bent ti, but have broken it. Threaded rod would last a run or two on my trucks. As always, it depends on budget and preference.

646ac7b9d80ee98bbd92791bae55aa9d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fabrication isn't really my forte, to be honest. The odds of the Vanquish links ever needing to be replaced is pretty low and I don't mind spending the money for titanium. To each their own. 8)

It's a fine line but the time will come when you will feel comfortable to save a buck by doing some things like that. And if something breaks in a pinch it's nice to have a fabricated back up.

Back