• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Purpose built Bomber for Scale Ultra 5K racing

ActonRC

Hi Folks,

I did my first scale ultra 5k at Proline By The Fire about a week ago. Since I have no bomber I used my GSpeed V3 and entered the 1.9 class. It was AMAZING!!! I am starting to train right now for next year. The plan is to build a trail running, purpose built Bomber. I have 2 U4 racers, I am not looking for blistering speed. In fact, I don't want it overly fast. It's too hard to control as you run. I tried it today with a Rock Rey on a 2 mile run. Yikes... Honestly, I am not even married to the platform. Would a Gatekeeper be better? I doubt it, its kind of a rig made of hand me down parts from a crawler. But you get the point... I am open to ideas.

The main question is this... What should I do for the power plant? I am thinking brushless but an honestly open to whatever. As far as brushless goes what KV? maybe 18, or 1900? There were some gnarly rocks where honestly my V# made up time on the bombers. Purpose built is the key here. Purpose built.

What should I do?
And..... GO!!!!

Back