• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Origin body onto Phoenix rtr question

Valor

Rock Stacker
I recently purchased the gray Phoenix RTR for my son and a friend of mine sent me his unused Origin body. I have the VP body posts but what else will I need in order to run the Origin body onto the rtr chassis? It looks like the front shock towers are different. Is it just a matter of swapping out the rtr front towers? new bumpers? sliders?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanquish-products-vs410-shock-tower-vps10114/p795253

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanquish-products-origin-body-set-clear-313mm-vps10116/p795255

I believe the front shock towers are the same on all VS4-10's. The Phoenix has them mounted backwards and you should be able to just swap them from side to side so that the body post hole lines up with the hole in the front inner fender.

I mounted mine this way on my Phoenix when I built it just in case I ever wanted to put a different body on it. The only problem is that the top shock mount screw threads into the shock tower on the wrong side and will not line up with the hole in the inner fender. I just installed the screw from the other side.

Hope this make sense. If not I can get a pic of mine later.

Edit: And what @twade984 just mentioned above to make the body fit the way it should.

I believe the front shock towers are the same on all VS4-10's. The Phoenix has them mounted backwards and you should be able to just swap them from side to side so that the body post hole lines up with the hole in the front inner fender.

I mounted mine this way on my Phoenix when I built it just in case I ever wanted to put a different body on it. The only problem is that the top shock mount screw threads into the shock tower on the wrong side and will not line up with the hole in the inner fender. I just installed the screw from the other side.

Hope this make sense. If not I can get a pic of mine later.

Edit: And what @twade984 just mentioned above to make the body fit the way it should.

Thanks for the insight. Just tried it on. "thumbsup"

does anyone know if the Rock Pirates front shock tower fit with the fender liner installed? they have a nice body mount setup that bolts onto the tower.

does anyone know if the Rock Pirates front shock tower fit with the fender liner installed? they have a nice body mount setup that bolts onto the tower.

Yes, with some modification to the fender. Why not switch VP shock towers, left to right and Vic versa the holes in the fender will then match the holes in the shock tower and use the stock VP body mount.

Yes, with some modification to the fender. Why not switch VP shock towers, left to right and Vic versa the holes in the fender will then match the holes in the shock tower and use the stock VP body mount.

Oh I've done that already. Still deciding on what body to go with. I have a set of Desert Lizard internal shocks that I want to try out but also thought about different shock mounting positions. They were cheap so why not? I need to rebuild the S8E anyway. They tend to leak more than the Traxxas GTS shocks.

Back