• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

One man's Gamechanger comp truck build

Excellent build!!!

I noticed you have a printed panhard mount. Did you print yourself or did you get it online? I have buggered up the frame rail to the point the carbon piece won't stay in place on the rail.

Excellent build!!!

I noticed you have a printed panhard mount. Did you print yourself or did you get it online? I have buggered up the frame rail to the point the carbon piece won't stay in place on the rail.

Thank you. Panhard mount...designed and printed myself. The reason for it was that with the original mount I couldn't get my drag link set up to eliminate the bump steer. This one lowers that end of the panhard down a bit so I don't have bump steer. It's kind of chunky looking because my original just wasn't strong enough.

My aluminum panhard mount wouldn't stay tight either.. I heard if you used a longer 3mm screw it would have fixed the problem.
I made this panhard mount from 7075 aluminum. It's ugly but it stays tight.

You probably could use the gspeed panhard mount on the game changer..

Another thought if I had the G10 GC4.2 I think I'd just krazy glue the panhard mount in place.

https://www.teamgaragehack.com/products/gspeed-chassis-6160-t6-aluminum-panhard-mount
2f973f6f25981a97645f26b3a11a61b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

A little update on the panhard mount...I went to a comp a while back and right off of the first gate I broke the printed panhard mount. I took a penalty for a repair and put the original mount on to finish the day out. Still finished well but didn't win largely due to that breakage. So, I made steel mount and bolted it on the same way. That panhard mount isn't going anywhere now unless it takes the frame rail with it. Plus, I set it up to get my geometry how I want it.

2020-12-06-15-19-21.jpg

Beyond that, I did some suspension tuning and put a steering servo in with some balls (Holmes) since my panhard mount is no longer a weak point. And splurged on a HH Magnum stubby motor too for more wheel speed than I had previously. Then while testing I burnt up my winch servo, so I made a new servo winch with external spool and set up an HW 1060 ESC as a winch controller. Went out to a comp yesterday and racked up another class 2 win. The truck is working amazingly well, really no excuses to be had...just drive it properly and it will be at the top.

2020-12-06-15-19-29.jpg

Hopefully no more weak points show up, but I know of one lurking already. During my first test run with the HH Magnum stubby motor I busted a pin in the transfer case. It's an Axial 1.5x8mm pin, and IMHO kind of undersized for the work its doing. It's responsible for send power to the gearset in the transfer case that goes out to the front axle, but its after the gear reduction up at the motor mount so it sees a lot of force. Another gamechanger at yesterday's comp broke the same pin. I might try actually letting the slipper do a little of what its designed to do in order to avoid that failure happening again on mine.

2020-12-06-15-20-20.jpg

Heck of a rig you've put together! Congrats on the recent comps! I'm about to go to hardbody for my c2 rig (G-speed/capra), and the pinched clod was the first thing that came to mind. Looks like yours turned out quite well.

You mentioned some geometry changes that you made when you built your panhard mount. I would love to see that in a bit of detail if possible?

Cheers,
Gable

hey man great build and im also new to the 1.9 scale rigs and am collecting all the parts and im almost there but really interested in your front and rear bumpers where can I get those as im also installing a winch on mine!!! BUZZZ...

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 351
Heck of a rig you've put together! Congrats on the recent comps! I'm about to go to hardbody for my c2 rig (G-speed/capra), and the pinched clod was the first thing that came to mind. Looks like yours turned out quite well.

You mentioned some geometry changes that you made when you built your panhard mount. I would love to see that in a bit of detail if possible?

Cheers,
Gable

Thanks! The clod body is pretty easy to work with IMHO, so its a good one to use for this.

On the panhard I was mainly referring to getting rid of the bumpsteer, but also how flat it is. The mount included with the gamechanger chassis makes it kinda hard to get rid of the bumpsteer unless you space the servo up and/or use special servo arms that move the drag link up. This also puts the panhard link at a more severe angle than I'd like.

Mine puts the chassis end of the panhard lower so I can get rid of bumpsteer without spacing the servo up and using the standard cheap servo arms, plus as a result the panhard is at a much flatter angle through suspension movement (this just minimizes lateral axle shift through suspension cycling). I lined it up to allow myself a little adjustment room using spacers in case I want to tinker, which is why I have a small spacer on the bottom side now. I think I might even be able to mount the servo lower (ears below the plate) and with a certain servo arm keep things in line...but that's getting pretty far into diminishing returns.

hey man great build and im also new to the 1.9 scale rigs and am collecting all the parts and im almost there but really interested in your front and rear bumpers where can I get those as im also installing a winch on mine!!! BUZZZ...

Thank you! I custom built the bumpers to fit this truck, that's about the only way to get a really great fit honestly. People do make other stuff work but I wanted mine really tucked in tight for best approach and departure angles. I used 3/16 brake line, 1/8 solid steel rod, and washers to make these bumpers. Brazed together with silver solder. I'm still learning this skill, but I'm happy with how these came out...they do the job!

An easier way is to use aluminum bar or thick sheet cut, bent, bolted together... just another idea.

Thank you! I custom built the bumpers to fit this truck, that's about the only way to get a really great fit honestly. People do make other stuff work but I wanted mine really tucked in tight for best approach and departure angles. I used 3/16 brake line, 1/8 solid steel rod, and washers to make these bumpers. Brazed together with silver solder. I'm still learning this skill, but I'm happy with how these came out...they do the job!

An easier way is to use aluminum bar or thick sheet cut, bent, bolted together... just another idea.

Got Ya thanks Man those bumpers are really nice and I think your very skilled they look pro and tight.. Great great build my friend the truck looks capable and dapper.... . BUZZZZZ........

Hey man if you don't mind me messaging you every so often to ask build questions I don't do Facebook and tend to learn while experimenting on builds and Gabriel from GSpeed is awesome and helpful he has been kind and generous even with his full schedule he has taken time to talk to me and in the last 3 months since I purchased the gspeed kit from Gabriel he has helped me get an idea of parts and modifications to buy for this build and I have about 3 or 4 more parts left to arrive and this kit will be ready to go!!! Also I keep Bees Organic Honey.... Get you some organic honey.... BUZZZZ....

Attachments

• OIPQ3668.jpg
    OIPQ3668.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 343
I don't get on here every day but I'll certainly try to help. My class 3 truck is built on g-speed rails, I have a thread on here. I just dumped facebook myself, not a fan.

I don't get on here every day but I'll certainly try to help. My class 3 truck is built on g-speed rails, I have a thread on here. I just dumped facebook myself, not a fan.

Great im not on here all the time either a couple times a week and sometimes on and off but currently working on several rigs and I really appreciate you help send me your address ill send you some honey im sending Gabriel some next week glad to send you some too!!! BUZZZZZ.......

Thanks! The clod body is pretty easy to work with IMHO, so its a good one to use for this.

On the panhard I was mainly referring to getting rid of the bumpsteer, but also how flat it is. The mount included with the gamechanger chassis makes it kinda hard to get rid of the bumpsteer unless you space the servo up and/or use special servo arms that move the drag link up. This also puts the panhard link at a more severe angle than I'd like.

Mine puts the chassis end of the panhard lower so I can get rid of bumpsteer without spacing the servo up and using the standard cheap servo arms, plus as a result the panhard is at a much flatter angle through suspension movement (this just minimizes lateral axle shift through suspension cycling). I lined it up to allow myself a little adjustment room using spacers in case I want to tinker, which is why I have a small spacer on the bottom side now. I think I might even be able to mount the servo lower (ears below the plate) and with a certain servo arm keep things in line...but that's getting pretty far into diminishing returns.

Excellent, thank you for the details. On my g-speed/capra rig I had initially spaced the servo down a touch, but it caused some interference that wasn't easily solved. I've been considering making my own panhard mount to get the chassis end down as you describe. I don't have an issue with bump steer, but the axle does shimmy a bit during compression, and I would like to eliminate that if possible.

Cheers,
Gable

Great im not on here all the time either a couple times a week and sometimes on and off but currently working on several rigs and I really appreciate you help send me your address ill send you some honey im sending Gabriel some next week glad to send you some too!!! BUZZZZZ.......

Its ok, no need to send anything. Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to help out.

Back