• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Oh Snap - Element RC Shoots Their Shot! - Comp Kit -

vanquish no axial might be a stretch but not far behind there new stuff but leaps and bounds better than there old stuff element not quality wise but there much better performing and beter designed traxxas has kinda fallen behind in just about every way some say there more durable than the redcat but i dont think so
redcat had surpassed them all as far as rtr electronics though the hobbyeing axe 2300kv reefs servo and gt5 in the gen8 axe to the fusion in the assent there and there out at the local events around here but so is element axial and vanquish traxxass sucks they dont care lol

i have several axials and several redcats and traxxass based rigs the redcats seems to be the most reliable also the most factory parts the trx4 and axials are completely aftermarket upgrade parts
Traxxas is by far the toughest and most durable scaler out of the box in my experience. I think most people agree. So I’m kinda blown away that your experience is different.

I would argue the enduro had more in its favor at the time of release -

O/d out of the box
Stronger transmission
Really good shocks
Metal links
Better steering/universals instead of dog bones

The problem is they really haven’t done much (or enough maybe) to the base platform since.

The knightrunner was pretty cool, and I’ll give them credit on the ifs2 update.

Again, I’m always grateful for new releases but just imo element either needs a redesign (offset axles, hypoid gears, etc) or figure out better pricing, or something. I do hope they stick around though
The transmission was the only thing that interested me at the time. They do get some credit for having an ifs trail rig for the toyota and ford bronco dorks.

Traxxas is by far the toughest and most durable scaler out of the box in my experience. I think most people agree. So I’m kinda blown away that your experience is different.
ya i keep hearing that but i had parts break left and right on my trx4
the redcat went years before having a failure after redcat fixed the cvd problem anyway lol but i broke factory trx4 cvds also so hay
i eventually dumped the axles and went with capra axles and the trx4 axles went on to a fms/redcat/now trx4 fj cruzer build

ya i keep hearing that but i had parts break left and right on my trx4
the redcat went years before having a failure after redcat fixed the cvd problem anyway lol but i broke factory trx4 cvds also so hay
i eventually dumped the axles and went with capra axles and the trx4 axles went on to a fms/redcat/now trx4 fj cruzer build
Which parts have you broken on your TRX-4?

Which parts have you broken on your TRX-4?
axle shafts gears 3 sets of aluminum shock towers made by 3 different companys panhard mounts both sides
diff lock cables snapped the link mounts
pulled the heads right through the plastic
and then theres bent shock hardware thats just off the top of my head im sure theres more though
compaired to the redcat gen8 first run before they fixed the week points
the knuckle arms broke right away cheap plastic arms like the og scx10 but they beefed those up i broke a axle housing after about 4 years of abuse and flying leaps those were redesined and the v2 is alot stronger and about a year in to it the plastic gears were the pin goes in got sloppy so i upgraded to all metal gears and shimed it so the pin sits in the right spot and ofcourse the first run cvds shafts and upper portal gears werent made right but once i installed the v2 shafts and gears they have been bomb proof
other than that it was just personal preference upgrades like the 2 speed brass weights aluminum parts and metal axles 2.2 wheels and the axe body with a custom metal cage and half cab driven by the man him self #45-47 lol

Last edited:
Redcat gen8 broken shafts and a lot of plastic parts. The Ascent I haven't broken anything yet.
TRX4 sport only 1 part broken front spool.
Element nothing yet.
Axial axle cases bent n cracked, diff gears, c hubs n str knuckles, shock towers and axle shafts.
Gmade ring gears are trash.
I ran the portal axles this weekend and all went well. The axles do have camber built into them. The truck was super quiet and very stable.

vanquish no axial might be a stretch but not far behind there new stuff but leaps and bounds better than there old stuff element not quality wise but there much better performing and beter designed traxxas has kinda fallen behind in just about every way some say there more durable than the redcat but i dont think so
redcat had surpassed them all as far as rtr electronics though the hobbyeing axe 2300kv reefs servo and gt5 in the gen8 axe to the fusion in the assent there and there out at the local events around here but so is element axial and vanquish traxxass sucks they dont care lol

i have several axials and several redcats and traxxass based rigs the redcats seems to be the most reliable also the most factory parts the trx4 and axials are completely aftermarket upgrade parts
The TRX4 is tough AF in my experience. I had a 3100kv Roc412 in one of mine and beat that thing like it owed me money. Jumps, wheelies, bouncing. I broke a motor pinion (split in half) and a steering servo but that was not a traxxas servo.

harly made a video saying how tough the trx4 was and videoed the first run and it broke
people say hay i hand the controler over to kids all the time and it never breakes than a kid comes on here with his brand new trx4 sport and had nothing but trouble with it and we wont even get in to the smoke generators traxxasss puts in these things

j
The TRX4 is tough AF in my experience. I had a 3100kv Roc412 in one of mine and beat that thing like it owed me money. Jumps, wheelies, bouncing. I broke a motor pinion (split in half) and a steering servo but that was not a traxxas servo.
im running a 1450kv outrunner pretty mild but enuff to snap stock cv shafts with just a blip of the throttle

axle shafts gears 3 sets of aluminum shock towers made by 3 different companys panhard mounts both sides
diff lock cables snapped the link mounts
pulled the heads right through the plastic
and then theres bent shock hardware thats just off the top of my head im sure theres more though
compaired to the redcat gen8 first run before they fixed the week points
the knuckle arms broke right away cheap plastic arms like the og scx10 but they beefed those up i broke a axle housing after about 4 years of abuse and flying leaps those were redesined and the v2 is alot stronger and about a year in to it the plastic gears were the pin goes in got sloppy so i upgraded to all metal gears and shimed it so the pin sits in the right spot and ofcourse the first run cvds shafts and upper portal gears werent made right but once i installed the v2 shafts and gears they have been bomb proof
other than that it was just personal preference upgrades like the 2 speed brass weights aluminum parts and metal axles 2.2 wheels and the axe body with a custom metal cage and half cab driven by the man him self #45-47 lol
Can't blame Traxxas for the Chinese aluminum shock towers and other aftermarket parts! But damn, you are hard on equipment! LOL

Well, I like to try any new kit, not biased at all, sometimes I’m not that smart, but I did buy and build a comp fox kit, I also have a vrd, and several other kits. The comp fox doesn’t suck nearly as much as some would like it to, I would put it in basically a tie with my vrd. The instructions sucked, there were missing parts, and I do not understand why they are sticking with this transmission or the goofy rear axle. I did clock the rear portals back and installed the small rear steering lockouts higher than they had in the instructions. I’ve been playing with it and tweaking it all week and am happy with it right now, although the Aztek tires aren’t very good anywhere I’ve driven it, the truck does perform pretty darn good!

I’ve been playing with it and tweaking it all week and am happy with it right now, although the Aztek tires aren’t very good anywhere I’ve driven it, the truck does perform pretty darn good!
G8 or Predator? These seem to be more suited to Predator but my results with them are mixed. They seem to do best for me on smooth rock.

Back