• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Oh Snap - Element RC Shoots Their Shot! - Comp Kit -

As always, I’m happy to see new releases.

I’m generally a fan of element, but I feel like their pricing is high across the board compared to other offerings.

i think there will be a market for this kit though, either from people newer and wanting to get into flat rail stuff, or the collectors/builders who just enjoy checking out all the options on the market.
Assuming all of the parts on this thing fit right into the Element ecosystem I think it's a smart release for them.

Like many, i already have a bunch of element parts so there is already incentive to go in this direction. That said, the VRD Carbon and 10 Pro are way more appealing if the idea is to competitively lower your CG. Element overall has pretty decent prices i have found, but this unit seems priced high. I guess buying the Ground Fox Chassis increased Elements costs? Doesn't seem that should have cost them that much. They should really have come up with a low weight and mounted trans for this thing.

All the hate towards is AE is a bit comical. RC tribalism...

Im no AE fanboy, although I really enjoy my gatekeeper, once I shortened the nose 19mm.

I'm just not seeing anything on this release that would convince me to buy this over a VRD? Is anyone seeing anything I'm missing here?

This was Elements chance to swap to hypoid diff gears and a true low COG transmission to try and keep up with the market. Talk about missing the mark.

It's also completely insane they are going after Fan RC for making the parts to keep rc10s alive when for sooooo many years AE didn't support the platform with replacement parts.

AE is quickly loosing my support.

As always, I’m happy to see new releases.

I’m generally a fan of element, but I feel like their pricing is high across the board compared to other offerings.

i think there will be a market for this kit though, either from people newer and wanting to get into flat rail stuff, or the collectors/builders who just enjoy checking out all the options on the market.

I think this kit is priced high when you compare it to the competition. I am predicting a $50 price discount before too long.

Element Enduro Comp Fox: $399.99
Axial SCX10 Pro: $429.99
Vanquish VRD Carbon: $429.99
Vanquish VRD Builders Kit - Straight Axle: $289.99

Assuming all of the parts on this thing fit right into the Element ecosystem I think it's a smart release for them.

Like many, i already have a bunch of element parts so there is already incentive to go in this direction. That said, the VRD Carbon and 10 Pro are way more appealing if the idea is to competitively lower your CG. Element overall has pretty decent prices i have found, but this unit seems priced high. I guess buying the Ground Fox Chassis increased Elements costs? Doesn't seem that should have cost them that much. They should really have come up with a low weight and mounted trans for this thing.

I have been indifferent on Element since the beginning. The Enduro just was not different enough from an SCX10II to make me want to buy one. Regarding this...The VRD Carbon is only a few bucks more and it has better axles and a better transmission.

On the AE vs whatever brand, I've been neutral there as well because I dont race and none of their stuff is appealing to me, but neither are their competitors vehicles. I do find it shitty that they would go after a small company that is filling a hole in the market that they (AE) created by not supporting their own products for decades.

Hmm did this release just double the value of my original Artful Dodgers Ground Fox (Rat)! lol JK

I also checked and Artful Dodgers have taken down the Ground Fox from their site. If anyone wants some comparison pics you can check out my Ground Fox build: Artful Dodgers Design Ground Rat
Its definitely a Ground Fox chassis with a few minor tweaks.

I think it is cool to see Artful Dodgers partnering up with Element but the recent changes to Element make me a lot less interested in them.

The elements when they came out were just the ticket I was looking for, The new release does not excite me. Something about the axles is odd but leaves 4ws available. I would expect QC, fit and finish to be top notch like with all their other kits.

It has nothing to do with tribalism in my case. AE has brought this on themselves by:
1. Releasing subpar products and that's not just Element. Their re-re's are also full of their own issues.
2. Having rabid fanboi employees "police" social media and attacking people that have any negative feedback on the brand or their products. Pathetic and childish.
3. Blocking people, like me, from their page for stating facts that these axles are behind the times. Pathetic and childish.
4. Threatening to sue companies producing parts for legacy products, such as the RC10 and RC10T, when AE gave up that market a long time ago despite customers begging AE for parts from those vehicles.
5. Outsourcing designs, like the Element portal axles, to Asia.
6. Having manuals, like that of the DC10, that may have been written by a child in Asia.
7. It doesn't help that, from what I understand, they lost most of their design/engineering staff. You have to wonder why people left that company en masse.

I don't think it is tribalism to say Element has made several questionable decisions on their products and they tend to block out criticism or negative feedback. When an aftermarket company steps up and corrects any deficiencies, Element employees have criticized them for going against their all knowing designers. Unless that aftermarket company is one of their chosen few favorites, then Element seems to promote them with the fever of their own product.

Hey guys let us not forget we are talking about toys here. Little toys. To use a term like tribalism is particularly tongue-in-cheek in this context.

Just wanted to clarify. Truth is I don't have any real fucks to give on this topic beyond my opinion on the physical product.

Hey guys let us not forget we are talking about toys here. Little toys. To use a term like tribalism is particularly tongue-in-cheek in this context.
This is a classic case of "reality is actually more ridiculous than the joke" because the RC tribalism is strong. It lies somewhere in the middle of Ford guy vs Chevy guy and Milwaukee guy vs DeWalt guy.

At least we avoid it here for the most part.

Last edited:

Just wanted to clarify. Truth is I don't have any real fucks to give on this topic beyond my opinion on the physical product.
Toys or not, we are allowed to have opinions...especially if you are an opinionated person like me! :ROFLMAO:

I wanted to like Element. I was hoping they'd release an updated platform that is more modern and I would have given one of their kits a shot. Associated used to make some killer products. Their shocks have always been awesome. But the recent products and actions of both AE and Element make it difficult to root for them.

I can admit I used to be a staunch and maybe even rabid fanboi or hater. I have since changed. I want to try most of the "flavors" of RC and allow myself to make the determination if the product is good or bad.

Don’t forget With regard to the lawsuits and blocking people etc., traxxas did that years ago also…

Element Enduro Comp Fox: $399.99
Axial SCX10 Pro: $429.99
Vanquish VRD Carbon: $429.99
Vanquish VRD Builders Kit - Straight Axle: $289.99
Don’t hate me too much but Redcats Ascent Fusion comes comparatively spec. at $399.99

Don’t forget With regard to the lawsuits and blocking people etc., traxxas did that years ago also…

Don’t hate me too much but Redcats Ascent Fusion comes comparatively spec. at $399.99

Defending active patents isn't the same at all...

Well the Redcat isn't a kit and it is debatable if the Redcat is in the same league as the others, but it crazy that their RTR is priced the same as the Element Enduro Comp Fox kit so good point.

redcat has come along way
So I've been told. No personal experience with Redcat, but I've seen them break for sure. The Ascent and their RDS drift kits are most appealing to me. But I guess the question becomes, is Redcat as good as Axial, Element, Vanquish, etc?

So I've been told. No personal experience with Redcat, but I've seen them break for sure. The Ascent and their RDS drift kits are most appealing to me. But I guess the question becomes, is Redcat as good as Axial, Element, Vanquish, etc?
Just picked up the RDS should be here Monday to play with in my gym. Just couldn’t pass up the deal they had.

As far as the question as if they are as good as all the others? Yes and no, but you get into ford gmc dodge etc. Is the quality on par with element and vanquish, not really but are they just as reliable, yes. We have seen them ALL break at one point in time or many. My son drives the snot out the the gen8 and doesn’t slip a beat. Will it comp like the others not likely but put up with a skilled season driver and I bet it would delight many.

I’m not in the market for another truck right now but I would be curious to get my hands on the new element…

Just picked up the RDS should be here Monday to play with in my gym. Just couldn’t pass up the deal they had.

As far as the question as if they are as good as all the others? Yes and no, but you get into ford gmc dodge etc. Is the quality on par with element and vanquish, not really but are they just as reliable, yes. We have seen them ALL break at one point in time or many. My son drives the snot out the the gen8 and doesn’t slip a beat. Will it comp like the others not likely but put up with a skilled season driver and I bet it would delight many.

I’m not in the market for another truck right now but I would be curious to get my hands on the new element…
Awesome! Can't wait to hear how you like the RDS. I've read that it the rod ends are too tight and that's the biggest knock on it. Some people are replacing them with Yokomo rod ends. The old quick squeeze with a pliers may also help. Haven't seen anybody mention that in regards to the RDS.

vanquish no axial might be a stretch but not far behind there new stuff but leaps and bounds better than there old stuff element not quality wise but there much better performing and beter designed traxxas has kinda fallen behind in just about every way some say there more durable than the redcat but i dont think so
redcat had surpassed them all as far as rtr electronics though the hobbyeing axe 2300kv reefs servo and gt5 in the gen8 axe to the fusion in the assent there and there out at the local events around here but so is element axial and vanquish traxxass sucks they dont care lol

i have several axials and several redcats and traxxass based rigs the redcats seems to be the most reliable also the most factory parts the trx4 and axials are completely aftermarket upgrade parts

The Enduro just was not different enough from an SCX10II to make me want to buy one.

I would argue the enduro had more in its favor at the time of release -

O/d out of the box
Stronger transmission
Really good shocks
Metal links
Better steering/universals instead of dog bones

The problem is they really haven’t done much (or enough maybe) to the base platform since.

The knightrunner was pretty cool, and I’ll give them credit on the ifs2 update.

Again, I’m always grateful for new releases but just imo element either needs a redesign (offset axles, hypoid gears, etc) or figure out better pricing, or something. I do hope they stick around though

IMG-2388.jpg

Exactly what a little niche business should do and be dang proud of it.

Back