• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nyx, Luckydevils new build

Hey Thanks,
I'm waiting on some new bearings for the axles right now. I want to get some outside photo's and maybe a video soon.

This thing is sick!!! Love the look of it and the grill is mean, Awesome truck - Those axles have got to be the best you can put under a crawler right now. - Nice Work!

Hey thanks!
She's a blast....I ruined the bearings in the axles(they were cheap but lasted all last summer in my flatbed with alot of abuse). So I got me some ceramic ones and I managed a mod similiar to http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/284050-much-thinking-ttc-9.html .
I found some bearings where I had to shim the ID of the bearing. All I needed was about 0.02 shim stock. Which I happen to have in stainless steel in my lab at work. Fit perfect. Now I think she's pretty bomb proof. Time will tell. The tekin pro4 is a beast.

Got the hot racing sway bars, thought it could be fun for faster speed runs, haven't ran her with them on yet. I cut my own music wire to make em fit. Made up some mounts. Had to chop the front swaybar arms to fit. I also replaced the rc4wd shocks with axial comp's. I pretty much destroyed the rc4wd's. Too bad I loved the look. They just can't handle aduse.
The sway bars definitly limit articulation but they can be removed pretty easy for crawling action.
I'll post how they work out.

a1.jpg

b2.jpg

c3.jpg

d4.jpg

e5.jpg

f6.jpg

g7.jpg

h8.jpg

i9.jpg

j10.jpg

Hey, DickyT and War Pig I really appreciate it!!!
I love the 34D and tow truck!!!
You guys are a real inspiration!!!

Hey Big Mike,
Panhandle Ink looks pretty good, super cool. I'm a sailor Jerry fan (bold will hold!). They do some nice work. Glad they got pictures on the site. I think I mentioned I helped a girl open a shop some years ago, My best friend does a lot of old school work too. I do a bit of art work, just never liked dealing with the public. If I could just pick and choose who and what I did I still be in the business.
If I'm ever out that way I'll stop in. Man it's been ten years since I've had any ink. Just not into paying for it anymore, got spoiled I guess. Plus I don't like alot of the attitudes out there.

Mmmmmmm........They will look sweet!!!! Can't thank you enough!!!!

I got RC Axle Master axles for the rear in the mail today, I did bend the old stainless steel axles a little.
I redid the sway bars a little too, I'll post pic's tomorrow. But I made them so I can loosen one arm and a collar holds it all together so each side is free to articulate, then lock em back in for the flat prairies of central Illinois.
Now to test drive it hopefully tomorrow.

a1.jpg

d4.jpg
Sway bar not engaged

e5.jpg

f6.jpg

g7.jpg

Sway bar engaged, it may not seem much different but it does make it alot firmer....We'll see. I just like the fact I don't have to remove anything.

h8.jpg

i9.jpg

Last edited:
Back