• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nyx, Luckydevils new build

LuckyDevil

Pebble Pounder
I've been working on this all winter.

NYX (Nux), Nox or Night personified. Daughter of Khaos. Homer (Il. xiv. 259, &c.) calls her the subduer of gods and men, and relates that Zeus himself stood in awe of her. (from wikipedia)

R18.jpg

T20.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9 (2).jpg

9.jpg

10 (2).jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12(2).jpg

12.jpg

Well, I hoping a good name will make her run better at least.

I'll post some of the few "in progress" photo's later on.
I've pulled the drivetrain from Carmen aka "Lucky's Flatbed" along with the HS-7955 hitec servo.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/268849-luckys-flatbed.html

It's GCM metalhead axles, SDS super 300's, VP 8 degree knuckles and tranny housing(full of Robinson gears), and Egressor's zero slop spools in the rear.
So the flat bed has the old axles reinstalled but I might need to do something about that.
Anyway, I got a new MMP, CCBec, and the Tekin Pro4 , 3300kv(which is fun).

I haven't ran it much yet but it's a blast so far.
Oh, yeah, custom chassis using axial chassis rails. All metal body panels. Looked really cool before paint, I'll post those pictures later on. It even started to rust a little.
All in all I wanted to keep it simple and clean.
I still need something in the bed. I wanted the big propane tanks BiG_DaWgZ sells, I'm on a list since December but he's got a new job and is travelling alot, patience is a virtue I guess(but I did turn 40 today...cough, cough).
Anyhow, I hope you guys like it, I've had a blast building it, I'm sure I will tweaking and bashing it.

Last edited:
Holy Crap!!! That is one freakin awesome rig!!!! Its like Mad Max meets HALO 3 Warthog! Super cool build!!!! "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Last edited:
Build looks killer man! I think I would have clear coated the bare metal and ran it like that, awesome metal work sir!!!! "thumbsup"

11.6 lbs of pure fun so far.
Now those rims are pretty heavy, but honestly I really like the heavyness. Just act's more realistic to me.
I got some pic's of other rims/tire combo's I'll post soon. I'll try to weight it with those on to see the difference.

Thanks for weighting it for me. I have a set of the aluminum wheels like that too and yes they are heavy!! The welding joint are so clean. I don't see any extra gobs anywhere. Great work, you must do it for a living to have joints like that. I have the welder but not enough skills yet. I have a chassis in drawing stage that I might try welding myself. I really really like your rig and looking forward to more pics!!! Truly a one of a kind. Where did you get the inspiration for the front bumper/stinger? Looks mean!! "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Actually I do not weld for a living. I brazed it all but none the less thanks a ton.
As for inspiration, it just kind of grew into what it is. I did up the upper tubes for the hood and as I wondered what to do for a bumper this is what just hit me. Again I wanted it simple yet tough. I contemplated a winch but held back, couldn't afford the ones I like, and didn't feel like making my own, yet.
This is my second custom build crawler so I'm learning as I go.

Actually I do not weld for a living. I brazed it all but none the less thanks a ton.
As for inspiration, it just kind of grew into what it is. I did up the upper tubes for the hood and as I wondered what to do for a bumper this is what just hit me. Again I wanted it simple yet tough. I contemplated a winch but held back, couldn't afford the ones I like, and didn't feel like making my own, yet.
This is my second custom build crawler so I'm learning as I go.

Oh okay! Well your brazing is awesome!!! :lmao: You might have already stated this in an earlier post but did you use solid rod or tube? Which winch os your favorite; The Claw or Quicksand? Thanks for answering all my questions! Im just interested how you did it!

I use a mix. Some solid tubing(the smaller and medium). Some is just brake line(some medium and the bigger tubes). I also use square tubing in for the bed (3/8 from mcmastercarr).
I do like both winches, hum.....this truck I'd want the claw. But the quicksand sure could go in my Hilux.

Here's some of pic's with no paint(and 1.9 baja claws) and one with Carmen(lucky'sflatbed).

35.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

AT46.jpg

Here's some more pic's with different tires.

d4.jpg

f6.jpg

g7.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

35 (2).jpg

I'm also running mip wraith center cvd's and I got DLux no slop knuckle bushings(nice).
Wraith cvd's were to long with the longer hub's so I got 2 more shorter ones and it work's great.

Back