• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nor-Calrcrc 2010/11 Competition Series Information

dpdsurf

I wanna be Dave
Nor-Cal RC Rock Crawling Club 2010/11 Competition Series Information

Welcome everyone to the 7th Annual Nor-Calrcrc Competition Series. It’s time for another season of crawling.

Nor-Calrcrc will once again be holding an 8 round comp schedule followed by the Northern California Finals with all USRCCA sanctioned clubs in June to compete for the two Nationals state invites awarded to Northern California.

2010/11 Nor-Calrcrc Season Schedule
(All Nor-Calrcrc comps will take place on the 2nd Saturday of the month.)

October 9, 2010 - Rockaway Beach, Pacifica
November 13, 2010 - Somewhere in SSF
December 11, 2010 - Genentech
January 8, 2011 - Pacific Grove
February 12, 2011 - Folsom Reservoir (Dotons Point)
March 12, 2011 - Oyster Point
April 9, 2011 - Genentech
May 14, 2011 - Rockaway Beach, Pacifica

Classes and Typical Competition Format:

2.2 Pro Class

USRCCA Rules will be used with the following Options;
- No 20 point gate rule
- Drivers will only be awarded bonus points for completing a mid-course bonus line if they finish the course.
- Off course repairs will NOT be allowed, repairs must be made on course on the clock. After the repair is completed it is treated as a reposition touch.

Our typical course layout for each event will consist of 4 10 gate courses with a 5 minute time limit.

Series points:
  • Series points are used to qualify for the Northern California Finals and ultimately a shot at the 2 open spots per class at the USRCCA Nationals.
  • A series entry fee of $20 will be due on or before the November 1st Comp (Click here to use the electronic payment system. It is the preferred method for signups. You have the option to pay cash at the Oct or Nov comps.)
  • Drivers may compete in the events without paying series fees, but they will not be able to take part in the point series, qualify for the final event, or USRCCA Nationals spots.
  • Series points will be given where first place will receive 250 points, second 245, third 240 and so on all the way to 50th place which will receive 5 points. Non series drivers will receive points for the event, but they will not be tallied in the final series standings. When tallying the series scores you'll receive points for the actual position you finish.
  • The driver with the best score on each course will get 1 bonus series point. (No bonus for best course score ties.)
  • There are 8 events in the series. Only 7 will be scored for the series. This will allow you to drop your lowest score for the series if you attend all 8 events.
  • Series tie breakers will be based on the driver with the highest average finish position receiving the edge.
Other Event Details:
  • We will run a free running order. You get in line for the course and run it when you are ready.
  • Courses will shut down after 5 minutes of no activity. Judges will call out that their course is empty and the 5 minute time will start. It is up to you to run all the courses before they are shut down. If you do not run a course, you will receive a 50 for that course.
  • 2 different people cannot run the same truck in one event.
  • There will be 3 - 4 courses with up to 10 gates each per event, depending on what site spacing allows for.
  • If your rig is not within USRCCA rules, you will not run until you have corrected the issue.

Last edited:
Many competitors often bring their scalers to run in between and after their comp runs. But there are not any organized scale events on these dates.

Will there be other classes or just 2.2 pro?

If you pay the series entry fee does that cover cost for all of the events?

Will there be other classes or just 2.2 pro?

If you pay the series entry fee does that cover cost for all of the events?

At this time we are not offering other classes. We are not trying to exclude anyone. It is our goal to focus on preparing our drivers to compete at National level events.

Yes, series entry fee covers the season.

I'm in, but don't have a 2.2, looking at the specs for an axial xr10, looks like it will fly if set up correctly. let me know, I have my finger on the trigger to buy one of those. haven't had much time to research it, but common sense tells me that it's going to be a well supported rig that is gonna have a lot of parts to make it fall in to any style comp in the country.

how in the world did u guys pull of the bean? i sold my 2.2 but i may have to bring out my scalers for that comp just to see old friends and to comp the bean i cant wait

I'm in, but don't have a 2.2, looking at the specs for an axial xr10, looks like it will fly if set up correctly. let me know, I have my finger on the trigger to buy one of those. haven't had much time to research it, but common sense tells me that it's going to be a well supported rig that is gonna have a lot of parts to make it fall in to any style comp in the country.

Pull the trigger, it's what I'll be running this season. "thumbsup"

how in the world did u guys pull of the bean? i sold my 2.2 but i may have to bring out my scalers for that comp just to see old friends and to comp the bean i cant wait

It's been 2 years, we're willing to take the risk. ;-)

got my xr10:twisted: thanks to ht concord (the closest place that stocks them near the south bay) got everything I needed for it in one place.
I'm all 2.2'd out now"thumbsup"

got my xr10:twisted: thanks to ht concord (the closest place that stocks them near the south bay) got everything I needed for it in one place.
I'm all 2.2'd out now"thumbsup"

Congratulations and you picked an excellent place to get it from. "thumbsup" Mike Mann of HT Concord really supports the crawler community to the fullest. Looking forward to seeing you out on the rocks! "thumbsup"

yeah! mike set me up. he even programmed my castle bec and tekin fxr. Hey, rock away beach looks kinda wet. where is the comp held at there? up the northern cliff? or in the rocks by the northern parking lot?

by the parking lot.

berg or xr10 this year.......maybe I'll go berg the first half of the season so I can win some comps. Hoping for dnf's with broken gears on these xr10's...till better gears come out.:flipoff:

by the parking lot.

berg or xr10 this year.......maybe I'll go berg the first half of the season so I can win some comps. Hoping for dnf's with broken gears on these xr10's...till better gears come out.:flipoff:

The only thing xr10's will be breaking are the spirits of those that don't have one. :ror: Somehow I suspect that we'll see plenty of bergs out there in the beginning.

yeah, those rocks seem super class size. I'll go again with anyone who knows the lines there.

just couldn't go wrong with the xr10, theres probably 4,000 people working on that issue right now.

Back