• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Noob and first crawler/scaler

rhquinn

Well I've been looking at crawlers and scalers for a while now, finally bit the bullet and bought one today. I'm not new to RC as I have a ground up built 2wd lcg slash, jammin scrt10 with tekin r8/t8, 1/8 4x4 buggy and custom built 1/6 slash buggy....this is however my first crawler/scaler. I was really on the fence about which I wanted between the wraith and honcho. I've been creeping around the threads reading everyone's opinion on both. Finally found a hobby shop today that had both in stock, so after looking each over for at least an hour I decided to go with the honcho. I think I want to go more scale, at least with the first one, and might possibly get a wraith down the road...maybe even build a wroncho. I'm researching mods and upgrades I want to do so any suggestion I'm open to, she's bone stock right now. I did take it out this afternoon and I'm quite impressed with the performance of the honcho even though I have no experience crawling nor anything to compare it to. I was all over the yard climbing rocks, woods piles and anything else I could find. Acutally I only high sided it once, like I said I was quite impressed with it. I'm uploading a few pics now and I'll get them posted up.

i just got my self a few weeks ago and have done alot of reading way before i got the vehicle and one thing that stands out is to reverse the tranny i did it and it helped reduce torque twist and its easy and free, next i will be moving the servo to the frame there are several makers of this for me its just more scale

2012-05-15_19-35-28_900.jpg

2012-05-15_19-31-35_150.jpg

2012-05-15_19-13-10_703.jpg

2012-05-15_19-08-32_331.jpg

2012-05-15_19-02-43_30.jpg

2012-05-15_18-57-31_881.jpg

2012-05-15_19-04-12_697.jpg

Welcome!
That Honcho is a great first scaler. Full of fun and endless tinkering. You'll enjoy it.
Happy Trails

i just got my self a few weeks ago and have done alot of reading way before i got the vehicle and one thing that stands out is to reverse the tranny i did it and it helped reduce torque twist and its easy and free, next i will be moving the servo to the frame there are several makers of this for me its just more scale

Well let's try this again, I already posted once and it didn't show up lol. I want to install a dig unit and wouldn't this unlock the rear instead of the front? I like the idea of being able to unlock the 4wd

I had basically the same RC background as you. Two things I noticed is that you CAN have fun going slow and it IS possible to drive full throttle for an hour and not have to replace A-Arms :)

That's what I told my wife...after running around for an hour I was getting ready to put everything up, she asked what was I laughing about. I told hey I couldn't remember three last time I put my RCs up and didn't have to make a parts list of parts to order before I could run them again haha:lmao:

Very good truck!
I picked ine up 2 years ago thinking id like it and buy a little better model... nope still screwing around with this one truck i love it so much!

There was a brand new New Bright FJ on ebay the other day for $125. I would wait for another.

Yeah I'm not in a huge hurry...just looking around right now. I do think the nikko body has better details in it but I'm not dropping 200 bucks for it. Maybe I'll run across someone selling one

Back