• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

What all is needed to do a full xr steering setup and turn these diffs into sporty comp worthy diffs? Looking to build a sport rig and love the high clearance of the losi. LNC & LCC the same diffs and dimensions?

Do they have beef tubes available? Over/under gears? etc

Beef tubes, not really necessary on a LNC, Over/under exist.. Just search for the HD worm (which will be over) and just switch only the front end to HD, keep the rear stock.

Asking it here...
So the LNC is in the house. I noticed that the gears (except for the pinion) are plastic. They seem not that solid to me. Is it wisdom to replace them by metal as i am planning on running a brushless setup.? I look them up on the internet and it seems to be item SNCR1000T from HotRacing. however, they are nowhere available. Are there any other companies who make 'm (and yes please, also avaiable for Europe 8) )?

The plastic gears are fine.. If you don't put a insanely big combo in it..
Running a 21.5 or 17.5 on 3S will be fine!

try for a motor around 2000kv or less. check the math threads.

2000kv 3 cell and 20 pinion is great. 25pinion strips the platic gears on 3 cell, but is fine with 2 cell

Just got a LNC 2.0 and tried it with a 14t pinion and 3s, wanted to add weight to the front so I got Blue monkey knuckle weights, so I had to mod my front wheels to fit the first and second weights on and no way will I ever fit all the weights on, what wheels if any would give me the clearance to add the last weights?

Just got an LNC 2.0 running it on a 2s 50c, speed seems to be fine but would like more torque I feel like I get a little stuck at times and that is what I feel is the problem also need a better servo...

What servo should I get? I might add that Ive had this rig for less thana week and already have the rear steer kit ordered so I'm going to need two servos

Step up to a 3s for more power and speed. Servo's will depend how much your tryin to spend. Pretty sure you need 2 bec's as well.

You shouldn't need two separate BECs, but at least one that's good for 4-5A continuous and 10A peak.

As for servos you should look for strong ones. Speed is not an issue.
MG995 is a cheap (~$20) option that works for many, although some samples are not up to specs.
Otherwise there are a couple of good servos at >$100 each.

Do also check the sticky thread on how to reduce the friction. It will give you some extra torque and speed for free.

So I've been out of it for a bit working on my 1:1 but I'm back and want my LCC working right.

Here's where I stand:
I've gotten new batteries 3s 11.1 1500MAH 40C
I torched my MMP:cry: from using my older 20c 7.4 lipos I think
and I have a Novak Ballistic 13.5 installed

I'd like to keep the batteries if possible, get a new ESC, And I Probably need a new motor because the 13.5 is no Bueno for my setup I guess?

I'm doing the research and what I've seen is the following combos:
MMP Novak 18.5 Ballistic
Goat 3s
Tekin rs 17.5
Hobbywing 21.5T combo

I really don't want to waste any more money and would like something that is reliable. Budget friendly is always good but I'm ready to spend $200 right now to get this going.

Are there any good/new combos I'm missing?

Really hope someone smart like Olle can just tell me exactly what to get. Really frustrated with how little I've gotten to use this awesome car.

Thanks for the help!

So I've been out of it for a bit working on my 1:1 but I'm back and want my LCC working right.

Here's where I stand:
I've gotten new batteries 3s 11.1 1500MAH 40C
I torched my MMP:cry: from using my older 20c 7.4 lipos I think
and I have a Novak Ballistic 13.5 installed

I'd like to keep the batteries if possible, get a new ESC, And I Probably need a new motor because the 13.5 is no Bueno for my setup I guess?

I'm doing the research and what I've seen is the following combos:
MMP Novak 18.5 Ballistic
Goat 3s
Tekin rs 17.5
Hobbywing 21.5T combo

I really don't want to waste any more money and would like something that is reliable. Budget friendly is always good but I'm ready to spend $200 right now to get this going.

Are there any good/new combos I'm missing?

Really hope someone smart like Olle can just tell me exactly what to get. Really frustrated with how little I've gotten to use this awesome car.

Thanks for the help!

My recommendation would be a Tekin FXR for ESC. Its got a small footprint, can handle 3S and can be user programmed. With the Tekin I found you really benefit from their ability to let you adjust the 'Drive Frequnecy' setting. It lets you set how much throttle the motor gets on initial trigger movement, really helps with the low slow crawl and no stall from the motors.

For motors I would say 17.5 ...... the 21.5 is gonna be too slow. The Tekin motors are good and run well but tend to run a bit hotter with the solid cans. The newer ones are nice and vented better.

Try to find yourself a Trinity D3.5 MaxxZilla 17.5 or even a 13.5 with either a Purple (it comes with) rotor or the high torque turquoise rotor.

ESC and motor would run you right around the 200$ even new, less if you can find a trustful used one. I would stay away from Novak for two reasons. They just shut their doors so you blow it up and it becomes a paper weight. Also theres better performing pieces you can buy.

If you don't prefer Trinity for motors then I would recommend Motiv or R1 brands of the same size.

Hope that helps

My recommendation would be a Tekin FXR for ESC. ...
:shock: That ESC is for brushed motors only!
Tekin RS is the equivalent for BL motors and more suitable here. It does cost some money though.

My recommendation would be either a new MMP (as the cheapish alternative) or a Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster BLE Pro as better but more money.

As for motor the one you have should do fine, at least for the time being!
If you want better (later on) the very best is HH Revolver S (which is currently out of stock).

... and don't forget to make sure to reduce your friction!

Should look into holmes hobbies, he makes a puller pro 'stubby' can, its a shorter 540 can but has all the same power as standard 540 can. Im runnin a roc 412 3100kv but I'm going to try out his 3300kv stubby motor now. He makes 3 different kv sizes too. Or you can just run his standard 540 can as well.

Back