• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New to RC crawlers, Just bought a TRX4 Blazer

E92FF

So I guess the first thing I need are batteries. I'm thinking a pair of 2200 3S Shorty Lipos and a LCG battery mount. From all the reading I've done it seems like this would be the best set up. I probably wont be doing any hard core crawling, more trail stuff and playing on whatever obstacles I find.

Anybody have advice on a good LCG battery mount, or are they all pretty much the same? Or do you recommen a different set up entirely?

I've got a SKYRC T200 charger and am familiar with Lipos so that is not a concern.

After I've driven it some I'll start looking at other mods as well. Wheels and tires for sure just so I don't have to worry about water getting into the foam inserts. From the sounds of it I would guess a steering servo as well but where I'm not planning any hard core crawling I'll give the stock servo a chance. I would also like to upgrade the motor and ESC but again will wait until I have spent some time with the truck to decide which direction I want to go.

I'll update this thread as I gain experience and start building it out. Looking forward to a new hobby this summer!

the shorty lipos will be perfect ... I dont have the blazer model but there is a plate that comes with other trx4 models that is up front of the servo that is the perfect pocket for the shorty lipos all you need is a Velcro strap for your battery to be secured. FREE plus it puts the weight up front.

Last edited:
Yep, put it up front between the fenders, and take the OE tray out altogether.

Then drive it to you break it, and upgrade as you go.

the shorty lipos will be perfect ... I dont have the blazer model but there is a plate that comes with other trx4 models that is up front of the servo that is the perfect pocket for the shorty lipos all you need is a Velcro strap for your battery to be secured. FREE plus it puts the weight up front.

I saw that, how do they do on side hills with the battery up there? Looks like a high spot to mount it. I thought I would put it there if I planed to do any climbing but use a LCG mount for trail use.

It does okay on side hills. I found that a good set of foams, or, if you’re DrIsotope, a particular set of hair buns, helped considerably. The Canyon Trail tires are actually pretty good, especially if you tweak them a bit.

My son uses a lcg battery tray from Rock Pirates on his 79 Bronco that he's happy with. That being said, he still prefers to utilize the front battery tray.

LCG battery tray is a waste compared to putting the battery in front of the servo. I tried the lcg tray and it was not enough improvement over the stock tray. I use 1500 mah batteries and it awesome. Side hills great.
Servo Traxxas 2255 junk 6-8 runs and it already has a lot of play in the servo. It will be in the trail bag asa a back up or given away.
I pretty much use Savox in just about everything. 1283 servo that is at least 10 yrs old and still going strong.

Back