• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

new safari in with broken axle. are there upgraded axles?

So went crawling with them attached to the scale chassis straight and had a blast. Even though I lost a lot of clearance still had fun. With it being that low it catches on everything and gets high centered. I just took off a lot of stuff that wasn't needed and remounted them lower like yours and tightened the shock springs up and have velcroed the batteries over the axle. I'll see how it works tomorrow. But doesn't look like it raised it any really.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

so going to order ckrc lincon lockers tomorrow and some rear axle lockouts. do you bend the wheel axles alot? in one trip I bent three and one was really bad.

Rmdw, Lincoln lockers....
Wheel axle? Axle stub.... The end that holds the hex, pin, an wheel? Mmm.. not many.. not bad enough to notice. Sounds like serious crawling fun!

i guess it was. ya the screw part that the wheel attaches to. ya i have lincoln lockers from rmdw, hr lockouts on order for now thats all I can get right now, had to order stuff for my GF's rockslide that she broke. Also I think i figured out why the front right wheel wont stay down with the shocks attached to the frame. I had them positioned so the angle of the shock wasnt ppointing towards the center, they were all pointing outwards. so I am going to place the rear lower shock outside the link on the axle and the front shocks I am going to chop off the nob that is touching the chassic to the frame and have it more angled in so its placed on the inside of the frame. that way all th shocks are facing inwards instead of outwards. Is my thinking right on that?

Sounds good. I would like to knapq what tabs you are talking bout chopping off.. sounds like ur saying its something frame the chassis to the frame rails?
Yes outbourding the shocks is a good way to go

How do you do the xr10 steering mod. Is there a how to somewhere.

On my thread! Where else..... I've never seen it on another...

Thomas is working on knuckles to go with the HR creeper chubs with the Xr-10 universals.. I just needed it before my last comp, an it worked like a champ!

It's putting the steering from a axial Xr-10 on the creeper.. It's sharp steering! With the universals an vp knuckles, its an easy 50* of steering! Not to mention the strength of the universals instead of breaking the venom cvd's.. tho, if you get a spare pair of cvd's, once you brake a long and a short axle cvd.. you can weld them together as straight axles an use the rear cvd's for the front.. if you Can weld or get them welded, you Can switch them out one at a time. I broke so many, I traded a couple sets of straight axles for the good cvd axles.. then I switched over to Xr-10 steering.

OK so you recommend the xr10 steering? Where can I get all of the parts needed for it and also a bec?

Highly recommend it!
First I must say, I believe the HR chubs an Rmdw knuckles are going to be the way I go for my final steering setup. As with the setup I did worked amazing! I used stock Xr-10 chubs an vp knuckles an xr universal axles. Check it out in my thread. But.. I had to drill the holes thru my chubs and I recommend Rmdw SAI tubes inside the axles to hold it all together. Then cut an grind the axles to fit the lockers. Do it a little at a time so you Can keep it tight! I also grinded some area so the bearing would slide all the way out to the flange of the universals so they fit an steered right. I think its a wasted set of 35$ universals tho... Other then the fact that I'm goin to use them on a mrc build an use a new set for my final setup on the creeper.. depends on ur money an how fast you want it. With all that said. Do it! You won't regret it!

To get parts.. for sale section for plastic chubs an vp knuckles an a cc bec.. if you go my way an want it now.
The bay for HR aluminum chubs, Rmdw for knuckles, SAI tubes, an universals pre made to fit. Cc for a bec or for sale section.

Last edited:
ok ya Im kinda limited on funds. have to wait until i break something to get upgraded parts for now. but next will be aluminum chubs and knuckles and sai tubes. will probably have to wait to do the xr10 mod for a while.

Got the rear lockouts and wheel wideners on but still waiting on the Lincoln lockers to come in. Can't wait for it all to come together but doesn't really matter because I have to wait for sandy to leave.

utupu4e7.jpg

y6e4u7ud.jpg

So I'm looking to do a motor ESC and servo swap out since its that time of year to crawl. I'm having a hard time figuring out which motor ESC combo to go with. I'm looking at the castle creation, tekin fxr, and Novak. I'm not looking for a lot of ground speed but a lot of raw torque. I'm looking for durability, reliable and has the best options in the ESC for crawling. Any recommendations that you guys are running would be great. Thanks guys.

Back