• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

new safari in with broken axle. are there upgraded axles?

putuvyqa.jpg

And did the same to the back.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

ujy8uzu5.jpg

Wheels off and from the side.

Ur front looks good.. for ur rear tho, you want the yoke pointing in the air so ur drive shaft angle looks the same or maybe not as much, but up in the air..

If you can, get a spacer in between the tabs.. I used the threaded end of a spare link, cut to size an screwed in on both ends.. delrin would work as well..
Did you get the rear links spaced out? I see you got the front done..
Also, if you get rear lockouts, you can use the aluminum links from there to lengthen ur rear uppers, I believe that was a big help with the TT as well. Getting ur rear axle pointed in the air..

Last edited:
Ya I got both the front and rear spaced out. Still the front right won't lay down when off camber.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ur front looks good.. for ur rear tho, you want the yoke pointing in the air so ur drive shaft angle looks the same or maybe not as much, but up in the air..

If you can, get a spacer in between the tabs.. I used the threaded end of a spare link, cut to size an screwed in on both ends.. delrin would work as well..
Did you get the rear links spaced out? I see you got the front done..

Delrin? What's that? I probably know but call it something else.

Plastic spacers most chassis use.. its black plastic tubes just like the aluminum..

Did you see my edit bout lockouts an getting ur rear yoke in the air?

Ya are you talking about the rmdw lockers? I think I am comfusing lockouts and lockers. The lockouts are what?

Lockouts.. they lock ur rear axles straight.. it gets rid of the chubs an knuckles an links the keep them straight. An gives you a straight axle unit an less to catch on.. then gives you spare chubs an knuckles in case you break one till you get aluminum ones..
Rmdw Lincoln lockers, go in ur diff gears to lock it in 4wd all the time.

Where can I get some lockouts for it then? Its not on rmdw. And what's the price difference between the plastic and aluminum?

*bay.... For lockouts...

Delrin or aluminum? For spacers? I'm not sure.. I bought up links whenever I saw them for sale or a good deal on them..
*bay... Or classifieds

OK kinda got the axle facing the sky. Also what can I do for the mean time to get those lcc shocks on without that 6mm spacer? Also found the lockouts but they are the same price if I get them from the dealer then eBay.

23.88$ for lockouts on ebay.. you can get them for that price from a dealer? Up to you then..

For the Lcc shocks.. a long bolt, some spacers an a length of nitro fuel line.. take the bolt, put a washer or spacer on, slide fuel line on bolt, slide shock over the fuel line, 6-8mm or so piece of it, then slide a 6mm spacer or ball link on.. bolt it into the chassis.. The outside washer keeps the fuel tube from sliding over the head of the bolt/screw , the fuel line keeps the shock in place an gives it flex like being on a ball, then the spacer on the inside next to the chassis, gives the shock room to move.. plus you will need a 2mm piece of fuel tube on both sides of the shock, even with, the Jeepindoug stand off shock mounts.. it keeps the shock centered on the mount..

OK so put the lcc shocks on and this is what back looks like.
tydu7uge.jpg

And that's without a battery. It just sags and doesn't have much rebound or fully extend.

You mean like this? Also I noticed that the LCc shocks are shorter then the stock shocks. When I put the shocks on like this I lost about an inch of clearance compared to the stock ones. Is that right?
te9ehydu.jpg

zynatury.jpg

ne2uzuqa.jpg

Back