• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

Phew....79 pages ...done! Very nice thread,TONS of great info. Anyone who has an ascender would do well to go back to page one and start reading :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hummmmmmmm, Nate what does Ernie have here???

Could it be some Codyboy Design Gullwing sliders!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"
Ernie

Last edited:
Mmmm those looking good Ernie! :)

Dangit you work fast!
Anything that you see that jumps out at you? I used my truck as a reference and went from there. Trying to do the angles and get them to come out the right height on the cab is a pain. If I'm going to try and build some of these I need to make some jigs!!!

Last edited:
Wow, very nicely made, texted you couple pictures of my Vaterra aluminum battery tray pivots, Double DZs RC RULRs are 0.136" thick, battery tray pivots are 0.115" thick. I can put thin washers to make the slight thickness difference if needed. Maybe better if nerbars are almost same length as stock so that they make one longer smooth nerfbar? Not sure, just thinking out loud.

:)

Last edited:
U know u need a pair or three lol. "thumbsup":mrgreen:8)

Ernie, are those new wheels? 8)

I can hear the wheels turning from here Pete."thumbsup"

Same wheels I had on it when I was at your place, and they only had a couple runs on them then. They will go on the Bulldog Ascender when I get back to it.;-)
Ernie

Hehe I remember black, but thought were SSD black beadlocks. Looks good and sounds good.

Slider jig is a great idea.

...I need to teach myself to braze...that's next once I get soldering down!

...I need to teach myself to braze...that's next once I get soldering down!

Hey Chris, even though it is called brazing, using Safety Silv 56 is more like silver soldering. Some think the safety silve is expensive, I think the results are worth it. I have posted in my builds the torch and tools I use. Not that expensive to get into. If you need help, let me know!"thumbsup"
Ernie

I agree with Codyboy and Natedog. After getting the correct materials and about 2hrs of practice I started getting some nice joints. All I use is haris brush on flux, safety silv 56, and a map gas torch from home depot.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Does it give off much for fumes? I'm limited to my shop area in the basement...if things get too smelly the wife gets grumpy [emoji14]

Does it give off much for fumes? I'm limited to my shop area in the basement...if things get too smelly the wife gets grumpy [emoji14]

"thumbsup" Very little-none. The set up I use is acetylene only, no oxy tank."thumbsup"

Back