• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My ever-evolving SCX10

Here is my spot at my dads car lot. Massive hill. Lots of washed out ruts. Loose powdered dirt. Bit rocks. Loose smaller rocks. Steep off camber turns. It's very technical :mrgreen:"thumbsup" There is also a few smaller sports that I don't have pictures of.

Anyone local in North GA is welcome to come over there with me while I'm at work :mrgreen:

IMAG0127.jpg

Good day at work :mrgreen: Got some new parts for my Subaru Baja. And went crawlin on the clock :flipoff:

IMAG0128.jpg

Yesterday my BEC wires screwed up. Sad day. Servo has noooo power now. Time for a new one. Also time to put a trassax battery connector on my ESC and get rid of the tamiya one.

Today I took off my integy aluminum transmission and put on the stock one. BUT! I mirrored it so the motor is now on the right side! The thing barely has torque twist now!!! It only took about an hour but it was well worth it!! The hardest part is flipping the mounting plate haha.

UPDATE!
  1. New bumper (Thanks for the suggestions guys!) I just hacked up my stock dingo bumper. Not too bad for free "thumbsup"
  2. I FINALLY put on a traxxas connector to my ESC. No more Tamiya adapter!
  3. Got a new CC BEC because my old one has a lot of knicks in the wires
  4. Extended my top links front and rear for a better pinion angle. Also gave me a better caster angel in the front. It turns and handles better now! "thumbsup"
  5. New tackle box!! I can almost fit half of all my hard ware and spare parts now hahaha "thumbsup""thumbsup"

IMAG0163.jpg
IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG01501.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

Anymore suggestions?

Where is your driver?? :D
Looks good, I'll be hitting you up on that crawl at work offer soon I swear. I think I burned my shitty ae-1 esc up last night at home and am going to have to order a new one (I think). Hopefully that'll solve my new problem. Got new shocks and driveshafts coming in Friday.

Where is your driver?? :D
Looks good, I'll be hitting you up on that crawl at work offer soon I swear. I think I burned my shitty ae-1 esc up last night at home and am going to have to order a new one (I think). Hopefully that'll solve my new problem. Got new shocks and driveshafts coming in Friday.

Cool man! Me and Winner, from the local forum, came by today with his scx10. We had a good time. He also told me about a hobby shop that has opened up in Gainesville. It is at 1709 MLK Jr boulevard. He just sent all his paper work off to become a dealer for Axial. So hopefully it'll all work out!

He is already carrying stuff for traxxas, red cats, losi, hpi, and exceed. Nothing to crazy yet, but he's getting there. So I wanna get him business so it can actually be out go to place around here! He was a super cool guy. the owners' name is Richard

Well, yesterday I Lowered my battery and receiver box about half an inch. Much less rolling over now. BUT, I stripped out every servo I own. All in a day. WTF?! So The build is down until I can buy a real servo :(

So I haven't Posted in forever. Got a little busy! But I'm back! And my SCX10 has evolved even more so with some great mods. On top of that! I got a second SCX10 on trade for my old hpi drift car. Both SCX's have 20t pinions and 87t spur gears.

IMAG0494_zpsa985ddc6.jpg

Here is the SCX10 I got on trade. It came with the following:

Honcho Body (I switched this to my main truck first thing so it now has my old Dingo body.
Hitec 5995 TG Servo! WOOHOO!
AE-2 ESC
axial 27t motor
Junfac axles
CNC aluminum alternate shock mount thingy.
axial 1.9 wheels with custom beadlock ring and wheel nuts.
Other than that it was stock!

Here it is pictured with my weighted axial 1.9 with IROKs

IMAG0433_zpsc867b663.jpg

At this time I got this second SCX10, my main SCX10 had the following mods:
Solar D772 servo (strong but slowish)
Gmade 2.2 Air system wheels with 2.2 ripsaws
New Gens Ace 500mah 2s 40c LiPo (amazing pack!)
Same everything as before.

Here came the transformations!

Obviously I wanted to make one awesome truck. SO i put all the better things from my new truck onto my old.

My main SCX10 now has the following parts switched over:
Hitec 5995 tg Servo! I'm amazed at this servo. 7.0 volts via Castle BEC
Honcho body with trimmed fenders.
Gmade Air system wheels are now removed.
2.4 Ghz FlySky Radio system! Finally know fencing style antenna!!
Spooled no slop diffs

IMAG0437-1_zpsc5a0f4be.jpg

IMAG0496_zps43244c1c.jpg

IMAG0497_zpsf5e678a6.jpg

IMAG0502_zps704a5ba1.jpg

My second SCX10 I will let friends use with me now and will eventually sell it. It's just about as capable as my main rig. Just lacks the power, steering, and perfected suspension geometry.
It has the following as well:
Dingo body
Solar D772 Servo. Needs Castle BEC severly.
AE-2 ESC
27t motor
90mm shocks raised and angles inwards on alluminum mounts
Junfac Axles
Weighted 2.2 Gmade Air system wheels and tires
Traxxas 27mhz radio system
My old Duratrax Onyx 2s 5700mah 25c LiPo

IMAG0495_zps50c01133.jpg

IMAG0500_zps08df1045.jpg

IMAG0501_zps8e79bb94.jpg

IMAG0499_zps4c14048c.jpg

I never thought having two SCX10's would be so fun. But I'm really enjoying messing with both making two great rigs

SIDE NOTE!

I got my dream CAR! 2002 Subaru WRX sport wagon.

IMAG0460-1_zpsbbf1124c.jpg

Completed the Impossible. The Fiance has taken interest, via pink paint

Today was an ultimate win! My fiance got excited over the idea of painting part of my second SCX10 pink. i told her I'd do the cage, front bumper, and beadlock rings. She saw the pink and started freaking out over it. She even insisted on putting it all back together. And she figured it out all on her own. I'm even more excited to marry her now haha "thumbsup"

Here's the process.

White primer base coat to make the pink "pop" more.

IMAG0513_zpsecdea058.jpg

IMAG0512_zps930b8460.jpg

New was two coats of pink neon fluorescent rustoleum.

IMAG0516_zps61dde400.jpg

IMAG0515_zps06077ab0.jpg

Then I let her do all the screw turning. I just gave a few pointers along the way.

IMAG0535_zps181b1422.jpg

Finished product! I actually like it! It's a great color combination!

IMAG0537-1_zps09f81b57.jpg

Tomorrow me and two buddies are hiking blood mountain here in Georgia and gonna crawl on the mountain til out batteries die. It's gonne be epic.

Quick update with pictures!

I got some aluminum Axial Comp. 72-103mm shocks. Running 3 hole piston, 30wt oil, all sealed up with Green shock slime (No leaks thus far!). They are so smooth and I love the new dampening. The system is running great. My wife is enjoying the hobby as well with her Dingo I'm giving to her (thread here- ProjectSCX10's|Wiffe build)

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0606-1.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0623.jpg

I'm loving my Gens Ace 5000mah 40c 2s lipo as well. I have one in my wifes truck too.

Next upgrade will be Wraith axles, or a 3s Goat system. What do you think?

Video of me teaching the wife how to pick a line: :mrgreen:

Me and the wife at the lake

looks really scale with 2.2s and no fenders bumper and headlights :)

Sarcasm? Haha, I'm all about function with some TTC style. Not Scale. And I do what I can to aid function and looks at little to no cost.

Many on the dimensions on my honcho realistically measure out to roughly 1/8th scale though (tires/wheels, suspension travel, ground clearance, wheelbase, etc.)

1/10th never seemed to measure out realistically.

Which are you referring to?

Last edited:
Looks good! those 2.2's are nice! Function over form!

Haha thank you!! That's what makes it fun imo! I mean, I like making things look cool and scale, but function always comes first even if it means sacrificing scale looks "thumbsup"

I wish my wife would get into this hobby. Nice looking truck.

I hope she'll open up like mine has! Good luck!

Yesterday I ordered some products from Topcad. Reviews about the company seemed mixed on here, but with the parts I didn't see how any company could go wrong, especially for the cheap prices!

I ordered black front and rear bumper mounts. The stock plastic ones were way to flimsy for my liking. Roughly $10 per mount. CHEAP!
pic_testing-demo.jpg

pic_loader.jpg

And I also ordered a new set of aluminum wheels! They look pretty sweet! And only $17 for a setI just hope they don't bend!
pic_loader1.jpg

I'll post again about my first impressions of quality and installation. Then again after I've ran them!

Well I'm still waiting on my new Topcad parts to come in. should be here tomorrow (according to USPS tracking).

Today I ran my truck a little bit at work. It can crawl over rail road ties at full flex while keeping all fours on the ground without flipping. I'm very please.

Made for some cool pictures!
IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0652.jpg

Leave me some feed back guys!! I wanna keep this thread going!

Well I haven't posted in a while. Being married has kept me occupied haha.

The aluminum bumper mounts are great!
The wheels offset was way to narrow for me. Returned to china.
ANd I got a HPI tf-40 radio. Having EPAs is so nice since I have a servo that rotated 180 degrees.

I also Got some Axial HD Bevel gears with the 43/13 tooth combo! They are so dang smooth! And the lower gearing gives the THE POWA!

Back