• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Bomber Build

angrchair

Quarry Creeper
Bomber Build log

Currently installed parts list:

Aluminum Interior Panel
AMF Racing Axial Bomber RR10 Aluminum Differential Protector (Wraps Around Pinion)
AMF Racing Axial Bomber RR10 Aluminum Skid Plate
Axial EXO Rear Light Bezel and Radiator Set
Axial 64T Steel spur gear
Castle Mamba X & 1406 2850kv motor and Castle Link Y adapter
Crawler Innovations Double Deuce medium foams, comp cut front standard rear
DMG Radiator Mount
DMG RR10 Bomber Spare Tire Mount
HeyOK KOH light kit
Pitbull Growler 2.2 Tires
RC4WD 1/10 Warn 9.5cti Winch
RC4WD Mudslinger tires
RC4WD Warn 1/10 Wireless Remote/Receiver Winch Controller Set
Robinson Racing Hardened 12T pinion gear
Savox SA-1283SG
Savox SC-0252MG for shift servo
Scalerfab rock sliders
Spektrum DX5C radio with SR415 4 channel receiver waterproofed
SSD 2 speed trans
TBR Top Plate - Axial Bomber (w/ optional LED light sets) - broke and removed the light bar
Team KNK hardware
Vanquish 2.2 KMC XD Series Wheels
Vanquish 25T Servo Horn - 20mm
Vanquish Brass knuckle bushings
Vanquish C-hubs and Knuckles
Vanquish Currie Anti-rock sway bar
Vanquish Currie F9 front
Vanquish Currie F9 rear
Vanquish IDF Wheel Hub Kit .350"
Vanquish Incision 38/13 gears front
Vanquish Incision 43/13 gears rear
Vanquish Incision Spools front and rear
Vanquish Incision 1/4 Stainless Steel 8pcs Link Kit
Vanquish motor cam
Vanquish motor mount
vanquish Rigid 4" light bar
Vanquish Trailing Arms Clear Anodized
Vanquish VVD V1-HD axle shafts
Vanquish HD rear axle shafts
Wertymade RR10 Bomber Stainless Servo Winch Plate

IPboG1Wh.jpg

H7RBlyqh.jpg

6Yhr6DEh.jpg

ctPI5yrh.jpg

PVqfaZXh.jpg

sYzf9crh.jpg

SlGZqQXh.jpg

Last edited:
I Also need wheel hubs so I can use the set of Pro-Line wheels I got with the truck. I just have the wheels/bead locks, but there are no hex hubs in them.

Last edited:
I Also need wheel hubs so I can use the set of Pro-Line wheels I got with the truck. I just have the wheels/bead locks, but there are no hex hubs in them.

My wheels look exactly like this, can't attach to vehicle.
pro2758-15.jpg
They look to be SLW compatible, some people would recommend shift hubs instead of the vanquish ones.

As for other recommended upgrades, stock servo and ESC are pretty horrible, I recommend a ProModeler S470 for the servo, and if you want to stay brushed, a Hobbywing WP 1080 ESC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They look to be SLW compatible, some people would recommend shift hubs instead of the vanquish ones.

As for other recommended upgrades, stock servo and ESC are pretty horrible, I recommend a ProModeler S470 for the servo, and if you want to stay brushed, a Hobbywing WP 1080 ESC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For the cost of hubs and screws....I can just buy different wheels, good grief.

Be selling these pro-lines, they aren't worth spending $40+ just to be able to mount them up.

Last edited:
I actually found a good deal on a IFD hub kit with VP aluminum hubs. $30 for everything. Figured might as well, since I will need them for other wheels eventually in the future. I actually stripped out the plastic hubs in one day of hard crawling already. Believe I may not have had the wheel nuts tight enough, oh well.

Also ordered Exo rear light bar and buckets, as well as the radiator.
the HeyOK KOH lights are on backorder, but those are next.

Also ordered diff and chassis skid plates to protect the factory diffs until I get around to upgrading.

Painted my plastic fuel cell top, first time painting anything. Not super happy with how the red turned out, too much area for a paint pen. Straps and rivets came out great though, overall satisfied with first time painting.

Definitely going to spray the larger bottom section of the fuel cell.

dx4Ndb2l.jpg

Last edited:
Just add a couple more coats of red, should smooth out the light areas

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

@HeyOK is so nice that he saw my post about the KOH light kit being out of stock, PM'd me and is making me one!
Big thanks and thumbs up.

Installed my VP .600" SLW hubs on the Fault-Lines, AMF skid plate and diff covers, mounted up the Exo light bar, and finished painting my fuel cell.
Radiator is painted but currently no way to mount it. need a DMG radiator mount.

KI9Otrul.jpg

d8QrMU1l.jpg

Awaiting HeyOK KOH lights.

Probably order VP Stage one knuckle/chub/lockout kit and upgraded front axles so I can turn sharper, next week.

+1 on the DMG mount and koh kit
I screwed the exo lights to the top of the cage and they are easy to pivot if you open up the front to repair or change something.
b2b1848756dc412fa92fcf7fbffeec79.jpg
d198107a67640bcdbad25580f175ffab.jpg
a7251e06393a4870178c1d0e4749a3b7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Late picture of last crawling session at St. Joe state park/ Bonne Terre Mine.
To3cZIch.jpg

Installed my VP/Incision links last night.

0Gc4Kebh.jpg

mTNi8Vfh.jpg

gBLENexh.jpg

Taking bets on how long the Tactic steering servo lasts now? LOL

Last edited:
I think it will last 2 min if you're lucky lol

Well you couldn't have been more right. Stripped the single plastic gear out in the tactic servo, what a retarded design flaw. It literally lasted 2 minutes in my living room just testing it out after installing my VP vvd axles.

So I got a Savox from the lhs.
p3CMqTdh.jpg

Back