• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

badger

Administrator
Admin
How do you make the best scale platform better? Add killer scale pieces like a Lexan Yota body, plastic molded roll cage/flatbed, scale front bumper with room for winch and 14 led light buckets. Out of the box, this kit has tons of scale realism and still allows for future modifications or additions to give a custom unique scale appearance.

The build was very easy as usual. I love all the grey aluminum parts used in this kit, I love the look of them matched with all the black plastic parts.

Add on parts list:

picture.php

The Honcho kit comes with HD lockers.

picture.php

picture.php

The transmission built and ready to install on the frame rails.

picture.php

picture.php

The shocks were filled with 70wt oil on all for corners. Rear axle and shocks ready to be mounted to the chassis.

picture.php

picture.php

The SCX10 doesn't need a huge high torque servo to get the 1.9 tires moving, I like to install Hitec 645MG steering servos on my SCX10's.

picture.php

picture.php

The stock shocks provide great dampening and plenty of travel.

picture.php

Gotta love the new front bumper with light and winch mounts.

picture.php

Aluminum links all round and aluminum wheel hexes come stock.

picture.php

The rock sliders can be removed quickly by removing two set screws.

picture.php

I mounted the battery tray the same way I mounted it on my original SCX10 by cutting approx 10mm off the posts.

picture.php

Front bumper with 2 of the included light buckets installed with the PIAA light guards. They also come with "Axial" light guards.

picture.php

Proline 1.9" Flat Irons come stock and look great mounted on this kit.

picture.php

Rear frame cross member has molded 5mm led light buckets ready to install tail/stop lights.

picture.php

Here's the chassis completed, it's a work of art.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I installed a Novak Goat Crawler brushless system, I love the low speed resolution, wheel speed and great run times it provides.

picture.php

picture.php

It's hard to see but I reamed out the holes in the rear of the body where the rear cage mounts as high as possible (not the stock recommended hole locations) to lower the cab and rear cage as low as possible cause I'm not into all the clodtalk sponsored Honcho builds I've seen so far.

I wanted to get the color as close to my old '00 Taco's forest green stock paint, I sprayed on 2 coats of Pactra Polycarb Indy Silver as a base then 3 coats of hunter green on the outside of the body. I am very happy with how it turned out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I painted the entire flatbed silver, taped off the gas tank and top sides of the flatbed and painted the rest of the flatbed including the bottom flat black. The flat black blends perfect with the plastic molded rear cage.

picture.php

I got this set of rims and Trail Doctor tires with a FJ scaler from my homie BD, I love the look of these skinny tires/wheel combo on the Honch.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next I installed a set of Proline's PowerStroke Scaler Shocks with 70wt oil in them. These are very smooth shocks!

picture.php

picture.php

And finally I installed my Scaleoffroad winch.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Great work and lots of info. I like how it sits lower then the others I've seen. But think your missing some action shots..lol

Looks great. Trail docs set it off and the green paint is a nice touch "thumbsup" Especially compared to everyones rage for the black "murdered out" look :roll:

John, can we get more pics of what you are talking about with the lowering of the body? I don't have mine yet but its on the way and I have been trying to get a few idea's.

Also, is this the reason RCC was down this morning? :flipoff:

Asshole , I was going to paint mine Hunter Green . Oh well back to the paint rack at the LHS .

Oh by the way looks sick man .

It's hard to see but I reamed out the holes in the rear of the body where the rear cage mounts as high as possible (not the stock recommended hole locations) to lower the cab and rear cage as low as possible cause I'm not into all the clodtalk sponsored Honcho builds I've seen so far.

:lmao::lmao:

Looks awesome John "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Looks great."thumbsup"

I love the way you painted the bed up. the flat black looks good on the underside. Is the red for the fuel cell painted on with a brush or did you mask it all off and spray it?

Did you tint just the back windows or is it the lighting?
If they are tinted what tint did you use?

Also how did you outline the back windows in black?
Did you use a small brush and did you paint the outline on the inside or outside?
I am also curious why you did not outline the door windows and windsheild. It looks fine...I am just curious.

thanks

Back