• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Making a Rock Rey a rock bouncer

Yeah lol theres not much room even for a rizla paper lol all jokes aside do you think there would be heat issues running into the servo and getting that hot , I have no or very little electrical understanding lol you may have already gathered that tho but I am learning thanks to this hobby [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure but two items that both give off heat, that close to each other, cannot possibly be good. That said, the Puller Pro I've got in my rig is way overkill for the Baja Rey as it is...if you're putting MORE motor in it, good luck to you. LOL. It's bonkers fast on 3S, I've contemplated just running 2S on it personally. It gets pretty hot in the So California heat (90ish).

I just priced the HW XR8 140 + 3660 G2 3200kv combo for $269...I can buy a setup for my RR AND Yeti for the price of a MX and Castle 2800kv though they aren't waterproof.

From all reports they are seriously powerful and reliable with as smooth a low end/start up as a Holmes or Castle motor. HW make great gear from my experience. I think I'm going to spring for them as it'll basically make the RR a fast all rounder. I think the Yeti will be killer with that setup too.

I had a hobbywing setup in my last Yeti and it was awesome. It was the XR8 and the 3200kv like you mentioned above. Think I paid 190usd and my HH Castle combo was closer to 300usd. I paid more but it's also waterproof which was a requirement for my setup. If I didn't need that HW is def a contender.

MX and 1415 2400kv for $226, or MMX and 1512 2650kv for $258, on castle site. I'm sure you can find them cheaper online and probably use a coupon too. Both are cheaper then HW.

Castle is unfortunately significantly more expensive in Aus. You can get the 2650kv combo here for $500 or you could buy the combo in the US for $400AUD with that slow and untraceable USPost shipping with basically no easily claimable warranty.

The HW combo is $269 which is a bit of a bargain though again, it's not waterproof.

Back