• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lost channel 2 after hooking up CC BEC

orange72468

Hi everybody!
Newbie here to crawling.
I have an issue that I can’t seem to find an answer to,
I bought a used trx4, it’s running a stock radio and motor,
But it has a savox 1210 servo and a dynamite 2210 esc.
It has the castle creations bec on it, but I noticed it was wired to the power plug but then the rest of the wires were just zip tied up, and it wasn’t plugged in to the receiver.
So I went and checked how to wire up a bec, and wired it up according to the instructions, i unhooked the red wire from the original esc.
But after wiring it up channel 2 in the receiver no longer works, so now it has no throttle and the esc light just blinks red.
I tried resetting the radio and rebinding it to the receiver to no avail.

I did take a receiver out of another trx4 and everything works as it should, but I did not plug the bec in. The Servo seems to work fine without the bec.
I’m a little apprehensive to plug in the bec for fear that that’s what damaged the other receiver.
Also I’m running 2s lipos

I sure would appreciate your feedback.

What voltage is your bec set at?

What can the receiver handle for volts?

I'd just use the bec in the standard way, to feed a servo, no need to provide higher voltage to a receiver.

according to Traxxas there receivers are rated at 6 volts, not sure what the bec was set at, but I just went out to test it with a voltmeter and as soon as I plugged it in to the battery it went up in smoke.
Not sure why or what I might have done wrong.
I’m guessing plugging the bec into the receiver must have fried that channel.
Seems weird that everything works but channel 2 though

So what is the standard way of using a Bec?
Sorry about my ignorance, I’ve never used one before, when I was in the hobby years ago we ran all nitro stuff.

Only real reason for a bec in a crawler is to power your steering servo. I'd look into schematics on that. Sounds like you've toasted the receiver again though, maybe try and a used transmitter and receiver of better quality? Don't think the oem stuff is to cheap but I'm not a Traxxas guy.

I use the internal bec on a mamba x but my receiver can handle the voltage from the bec set at 7.4v, I made sure before hooking it up.

Thanks so much for your help, I’ve never been to thrilled with rtr electronics,
I’ll have to check into some better stuff, And learn more about using a bec
I’m also in the middle of building an scx10 ii kit.

Look at your traxxas receiver . It has two channel one pin sets, channel 2 is the third one. I suspect your plugged in wrong. Common issue
1def175c2a65668baac959c6c0f1886a.jpg

Hang up and Drive

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
Newbie here to crawling.
I have an issue that I can’t seem to find an answer to,
I bought a used trx4, it’s running a stock radio and motor,
But it has a savox 1210 servo and a dynamite 2210 esc.
It has the castle creations bec on it, but I noticed it was wired to the power plug but then the rest of the wires were just zip tied up, and it wasn’t plugged in to the receiver.
So I went and checked how to wire up a bec, and wired it up according to the instructions, i unhooked the red wire from the original esc.
But after wiring it up channel 2 in the receiver no longer works, so now it has no throttle and the esc light just blinks red.
I tried resetting the radio and rebinding it to the receiver to no avail.

I did take a receiver out of another trx4 and everything works as it should, but I did not plug the bec in. The Servo seems to work fine without the bec.
I’m a little apprehensive to plug in the bec for fear that that’s what damaged the other receiver.
Also I’m running 2s lipos

I sure would appreciate your feedback.

Not to digress from your question, I hope you can find a resolution, but moving forward why are you doing your wiring like this?

Most people are using 3s, so to step the power down or avoid using the internal ESC's BEC an external BEC is used.

You are running 2s, and the servo you picked can handle 7.4v. Your servo should be wired straight into the battery, and the signal wire plugged into the receiver.

When it comes to clean power there is nothing cleaner then straight from the battery.

BEC's are fine if you need one, if you don't they are just an added expense and one more thing to get wet and fry.

I was doing it this way because I found an online diagram from Rogers hobby center, and some you tube videos and they all showed doing it the same way.

I wish I would have kept looking because it makes more sense to me to just do it the way you suggest. The servo is rated for 7.4, but I read that a 2s Lipo is actually 8.4 volts when fully charged, this won’t overpower the servo?
Also, which one of the wires is just the signal wire?
Thanks for the help!

The one opposite ground is signal. The center is positive power. Ground is usually black or brown. Signal is white If wires are white/red/black. I Haven't memorized the other colors yet...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back