• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Looking for recommendations on a servo and servo horn that will fit SCX10 II

soldering isent rocket sciance you can buy flux core solder at the 99c store other than that a pair of pliers a nail and the stove top and solder away of course a proper solder iron is always better but dont over think it
there are alot of 20-25kg servos that are also waterroof that will work off of the built in bec
also the direct power servos you can buy a jummper plug that has a power out port fot your servo no soldering at all plug and play

This is the one that I use on several rigs. "thumbsup"

Question about it. Do you need to program the CC 10Amp BEC at all, or is it just solder to ESC battery wires, plug it all in (HH bypass adapter), and it’s good to go?

And, do I need to turn the internal BEC on the 1080 off?

Last edited:
Question about it. Do you need to program the CC 10Amp BEC at all, or is it just solder to ESC battery wires, plug it all in (HH bypass adapter), and it’s good to go?

And, do I need to turn the internal BEC on the 1080 off?

I honestly don’t know what the factory settings are with the CC bec but you will need the Castle Link to program it (I think you could adjust it with the field link card too but I can’t say for certain as I have no actual experience with one.). Good call with the bypass adapter since you’ll need that too. No worries though. It seems like a lot of messing around but pay good attention to what plugs in where and you’ll be very happy with the extra performance from your servo. The 1080 bec will not feed any voltage to the steering servo anymore but will provide power to the receiver for shift servos or lights.

Good call with the bypass adapter since you’ll need that too. No worries though. It seems like a lot of messing around but pay good attention to what plugs in where and you’ll be very happy with the extra performance from your servo. The 1080 bec will not feed any voltage to the steering servo anymore but will provide power to the receiver for shift servos or lights.

From my understanding, with the bypass adapter I’ll no longer need to remove the red wire from the ESC connector tab. Is that correct?

Back