• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

looking for a 1st 1/10 crawler

Tucky

So I am new to crawling and have a TRX4M that is a lot of fun to tinker with in the backyard but it seems its just too small when I go outdoors and I would like to step up to a 1/10 size. I like the looks and the idea of a buggy style for just performance and coming from offroad trucks I love big tires, if I could fit 40" tires on my Tacoma without chopping it up I would.
I have my eye on the Axial Ryft, I know its more of a bouncer than crawler but I have seen them made into pretty sweet crawlers. Is there something else along those lines that I should look at? Ones to avoid?

A couple options... It used to be I would recommend what your local hobby shop had spare parts for, but with amazon and various online shops now it doesn't really matter. Axial has a 1/18 Capra and 1/10 Carra in two or three flavors. I saw one run w 4wheel steer and it is very capable. I have a money pit Wraith, but I don't think they are available anymore, I love it and parts are still mostly available. The Bomber is also very similar, Ultra 4 style rig that shares the axles with the Wraith. The RYFT is worse than my Wraith due to its speed it breaks anything it can.

Vanquish Optic really has a fantastic look and I wouldn't hesitate to grab one.

Rc4wd Miller motorsports U4 car... If you want a shelf queen.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

My Wraith....

wLyTr6mh.jpg

It’s been a slow night at work (nurse in a rural ER) so I have been doing some investigatin. Looks like the Ryft is more trouble than it’s worth and there are some buggy’s for the Trx10 that I can pick up for cheap and then get a TRX10 kit on Amazon that will let me play with it and see what I like and don’t like for less than half the price of the Ryft. I think that’s the direction I will go but I am open to suggestions. As of I needed another hobby, I already have a fairly built Tacoma that sucks up most of my money and a rock climbing addiction that keeps my body both in shape and broken at the same time 🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s been a slow night at work (nurse in a rural ER) so I have been doing some investigatin. Looks like the Ryft is more trouble than it’s worth and there are some buggy’s for the Trx10 that I can pick up for cheap and then get a TRX10 kit on Amazon that will let me play with it and see what I like and don’t like for less than half the price of the Ryft. I think that’s the direction I will go but I am open to suggestions. As of I needed another hobby, I already have a fairly built Tacoma that sucks up most of my money and a rock climbing addiction that keeps my body both in shape and broken at the same time 🤦🏻‍♂️
When you say TRX10, do you mean the 1/10th scale TRX-4?

Trx4 is my first suggestion when it comes to a first rig. They are very durable and have an overwhelming amount of aftermarket support. I love my Trx-4. As for a buggy style rig I would say Capra or H10 but I have not owned or done any research on either of them.

I have an axial capra (2ws built from kit) and a rr10 bomber that I put the SSD 2 speed transmission in.

The capra is a way better crawler and slower trail truck out of the box.

Bomber is fun as a u4/rock racer type vehicle but it really has mostly the same strength of parts as the capra and breaks stuff quickly if you're not being careful. Also getting harder to find bomber specific parts. And it likes to roll over at speed.

Interested in an h10 and I bet it's an even better crawler then the capra from what I've read on here plus what I know from having a vanquish phoenix vs4-10.

Personally I think the designed as a buggy from the ground up vehicles will do better than a modified ladder frame truck but sometimes the building and modifying is the more fun part. Thus why I started with a capra and bomber and have since added 5 other ladder frame vehicles. Capra with minor mods is still a better crawler than the others though.

Back