• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

List of uk crawlers.

I have a txt-1

specs

ESC: LRP Digital pro reverse

Servo(s):S3305 Futaba. x2

Trans: TXT with gd600 and 65t lathe motor

Axles: TXT JB welded

Tires: Cut TXT stock wheels.with stock wheels. Moab xl's soon (i hope)

WB: 14.5

i would be up for a gtg or comp as long as it is not far from me.:lol:

Last edited:
My Crawler!

Sw2 TLT,
Pede Trans,
55t Lathe,
Motronics Viper Ssr Esc,
Hs645mg Servo,
2.2 Moabs,
Rd400 Beadlocks,
T Maxx Shocks,
Alloy Knuckles,
"g" Made Widners,
Cj 8 Body,
Thats About It ,i First Started It Last Christmas And I,m Not Bored With It Yet!

Eddie from the highlands of scotland in the process of putting together my first crawler half way there "thumbsup"

Spec so far diaz dt-1 frame,pede tranny locked,gmade widners,alloy knuckles,revolver rims with geolanders,integy 55t on the way,body undecided yet thinking of chevy or might wait for the hpi landy

Last edited:
Hi.

My name is Geoffrey. Live In Hunmanby near Filey. I have a pimp cane and my son has a TXT 1. We have started to go to Filey Brigg. Lots of rocks, large and small and also long flat runs of rock with small vertical walls of rock. Seems to be a good place. If any of you chaps get to the Scarborough area anytime it would me a good place to meet.

Filey

My name is Geoffrey. Live In Hunmanby near Filey. I have a pimp cane and my son has a TXT 1. We have started to go to Filey Brigg. Lots of rocks, large and small and also long flat runs of rock with small vertical walls of rock. Seems to be a good place. If any of you chaps get to the Scarborough area anytime it would me a good place to meet.[/quote]

Im planning a week up whitby in our caravan early next year, If your still around we will meet up! We had a week in scarborough at the start of the 6 weeks hols,had a play with mt TLT on the rocks at north beach(too many big/deep gaps to lose a truck in!) Regards JOHN.

Last edited:
That would be good. We also looked at north beach.That young man with his landrover would not get it out from those holes between those rocks. We spent 4 hours the other weekend going up toWhitby and across the moors to Pickering and also around Dalby Forest. We found no-where to crawl. Went to Filey in the end, 3 miles from us and is very good

Hello Tronk, I'm assuming that you are Moondust1950's father!!!

I've been having a bit chat with him about popping down your neck of the woods for a bit of a GTG.

I know he's also been in touch with a lad called Jeepey, but have not heard if he can make it.

Do you know what time the tides are for this weekend and next, or is the location at Filey not tidally effected??

I thought I would not be free this weekend but may well be able to pop down if we can get sorted soon enough.

Don't worry about the Landy, I've also got two clod sized trucks so can bring one of them with me.

Looking forward to meeting up with some fellow crawlers.

Anyone else able to make post up and we'll try and get something organised.

Tech spec:
Rockbull crawling chassis (in Blue)
Integy Piggy Back Shocks
12mm to 23mm (proline) Aluminium Wheel Hex adaptor/widening kit
Aluminium Upper Link 'post', mounts
Aluminium ''C' shape Axel supports/Lower link mounts
Aluminium Monster upper links
Aluminium Square section lower links with integrated adjustable shock mounts
Aluminium steering kit ( steering links, servo mounts, harware)
2x Hited 645 steering servo's
Proline Beadlocks all round
Proline Moab Tyres to match
LRP speed controller
2x Integy Matrix Pro Lathe motors
Futaba 2ch radio system
and of course it has those superb Super clodbuster axels which have been locked.

But im a cheat and bought it like that :)

Also got a 1/6 nylint jeep coming from America and now have 2 1/18 nylint jeeps and for the size there great .

Last edited:
BUXTON DERBYSHIRE MEET 19th november

Some of the guys on the TAMIYA site are organising a meet at Buxton on 19th november we are welcome to go along, it is on a green lane with parking at the start, we will need to walk @ 3-400 yards to the running area, THIS IS FOR FUN ONLY NOT A COMPETITION, The terrain is not hard and probably too easy for a clod based crawler, but it will be nice to meet up with others. I will post details when I know more, Regards JOHN.

LINK TO MAP http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img2593_02112006142553_6.jpg

Last edited:
Suppose i'd better Jump in FEET 1st LOL.
I'm Steve from Manchester /\ thats my map so if you NEED any help pm Myself OR biggus and we'll help you out as much as poss.
Take a look at these it'll give you some idea of the 1st area.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=53875&id=2593

the road down.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=53874&id=2593

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=53878&id=280
There's also another track to be checked out .
PS.The walk down to the 1st is only about 275yds according to google earth.

Steve.

Last edited:
hi, im andy from warrington and thinking about getting a rock crawler. what is the best rtr crawler cos im not very good at building things. i hear that the txt-1 a good one but then people say so is the e-maxx. do any of you guys have one for sell?:lol:

hi i have a TXT 1

Try

Cleveland Elite Models in Middlesborough. 01642 241511. They got me a Tamiya TXT 1 for 280 pounds. Everyone wanted around 400.00 pounds. They give a real good service. Then follow the top ten...

O and just to let you kno me and wallaz had a gtg 2day at filey brigg.

We had some really good rocks there to crawl....Untill wallaz's truck broke.

but we had a really good time.

And can i just say thank you again to wallaz who drove all the way down from newcastle to meet up.

hope we can do it again some time"thumbsup"

regards

james

Back