• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lifting a Trail Honcho

Luebke84

Hi all!

I'm new to the re world and would like to beef up my scx-10 honcho. I'd like longer shocks and aluminum everything drive shafts, connectors etc.... How do I know what length to get everything in so that when I put 2.2's on with different shocks and things I don't bind. I don't really wanna use the lift kits you see everyone, I want to length everything as I lift it.

Thank You Everyone

If u plan on trailing with it an minor rocks. I suggest trimming the fenders out to fit 2.2 keep a lcog. My opinion.

To fit 2.2's on my Honcho, I used longer shock rod ends at the bottom, raised the body a tiny bit and trimmed the fenders. I ran Proline Super Swampers on Proline Titus beadlocks and the truck worked really well.

20140615_114539_zpsdf24c015.jpeg

There isn't much to make longer... go for some 105mm shocks. That will add ± 10mm. Running 2.2's? 2.2's come in several dimensions. The smallest are 120mm where the biggest go to 150mm (outer diameter).
However, there is nothing wrong with a lift kit to jack up your shock springs. My G6 is running a basic lift kit with stock Axial springs, running on the smallest of all 2.2's (Flat Irons) and took me everywhere and over everything. Flex as well as groundclearance are highly overrated. Driversskills aren't....

Back