• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Knoxville area people?

Droopy487

Is there any popular places in North Knoxville/Powell/Fountain City/Halls area to crawl? Anybody want to meet up? New to all this. Thanks. :mrgreen:

There's a good spot on Northshore DR where you get off Pellissipi parkway. We will be holding a comp there on May 31st. Let me know if you're close to Northshore because I go there after work every now and then

Yeah, Northshore is an fantastic place, I am very lucky that I live close to there. It is great for comp crawlers as well as scalers. It is behind McDonalds and Humana/Talbots office building.

Other places around that are pretty good.

Ft. Loudon Dam - Lock Side. FYI there is an ETRC (East Tennessee Rock Crawlers) comp there this Saturday (10May). There is a thread in the comp section, the weather looks iffy so they will post up there about rescheduling. It is more of a place for comp crawlers.

House Mountain - Never been, but heard great things. There is a pretty large group that goes scaling there occasionally. You can PM PsychoRC, he is the one that usually gets the group together.

Those are the main places I go.

There's a good spot on Northshore DR where you get off Pellissipi parkway. We will be holding a comp there on May 31st. Let me know if you're close to Northshore because I go there after work every now and then

Honestly I'm 45 minutes from there. My wife and baby are headed to see her granny Saturday after lunch so I might go check out Northshore Saturday afternoon if it's not raining.

Thanks for the replies."thumbsup"

Hi guys, new to the site, I actually work at one of the offices at Northshore, I go scaling on my lunch breaks! super fun but need a buddie. I have a Trailfinder 2 that I've done a lot of custom work to. Like I said, I'm new to the site so I still have some things to update and whatnot. But if you're interested, PM me, I've had my truck for a little over a year and need someone else to crawl, scale, trail run with!!!

Is there any popular places in North Knoxville/Powell/Fountain City/Halls area to crawl? Anybody want to meet up? New to all this. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I'm in Karns area. I go to Haw Ridge for long trail crawling. I go to Melton Hill Park (aka: Stoney Point) in Hardin Valley to hit a lot of cool rocks, but not great for trail crawling. I would like to check out Norris Watershed. I've mountain biked there, but have not scouted it for RC, but there should be some cool stuff there. They just put in mtb trails at Sharps Ridge (broadway). I don't know anything else about that place. There is soon to be a dedicated crawl spot at Windrock (Oliver Springs).

Is the Northshore waterfall area that pit in front of the brick building? Just wondering. Rode by there yesterday to see what the spot looked like.

If you're talking about the pit behind McDonald's, I've wondered the same thing. I've never crawled there. It looks pretty cool.

The property behind the pit has a No Trespassing sign. There is trail beside an old trailer, on the edge of the woods beside the pit. I walked down it, a short distance, didn't see anything fun to crawl, but did find a lot of fire pits and trash. Looks like a homeless camp.

I still don't know where everybody crawls. Does anybody know about the mythical "Northshore"?

The place to crawl is behind the humana building. At the lake (big pond). There is a trail that goes over to a waterfall, there are rocks all down the trail. Park in the back parking lot and walk down to the water and you cant miss it. "thumbsup"

Yeah, I just found the Edit button. It looks like it will let you upload pictures, too. I will try to get some pictures of some other spots and add them to the map.

Back