• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Kinda-Scaler Redux

zBigBadWolf

Quarry Creeper
Been a LOOOOONNNGGG time since I've been on RCC. Getting ready to move and was cleaning out my RC room selling off stuff on eBay left and right.

Next thing ya know, I got the itch again. :ror:

Sooo after selling off $1,280 worth of parts, I am repurchasing some. :roll:

I bought this rig from Dez back in like 2006. While I love the idea of a scaler, I want something that can crawl damn good too. So here's what I have.

It uses locked TLT axles with aluminum knuckles, Integy Matrix Pro Lathe Motor 35T, Stampede tranny geared super low

-Stripped down and repainted the entire chassis
-Used steel links covered with hollow graphite to be slippery
-Created my own pivoting shock extensions so the truck sits low but has more dropdown flex
-Had a custom steel bumper made for it which puts some good weight up front
-Switched to Interco Iroks on aluminum beadlocks
-Front wheels are weighted
-Foams are cut short so tire will flex a lot but not bottom out
-All stainless bolts
-blah blah blah

Still lots to do like paint the front bumper, better steering servo, winch, finish the lighting, etc.

Anyway, it's more like a crawler disguised as a scaler.

scaler-122016-01.jpg

scaler-122016-02.jpg

scaler-122016-03.jpg

scaler-122016-04.jpg

scaler-122016-05.jpg

scaler-122016-06.jpg

scaler-122016-07.jpg

scaler-122016-08.jpg

Love seeing a tire flex for some reason! lol
scaler-122016-10.jpg

Last edited:
Back