• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JDM74's Bushido

JDM74

Rock Crawler
Picked this up the other day and going to do a little build thread here, nothing crazy. I took it out for it's maiden run and it did pretty good. Super smooth and the short wheelbase made a noticeable difference in breakover in my backyard rock garden. Got some wheels on order and some other stuff in the works but that will be revealed soon enough. Here's a boring bench shot.

Untitled by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr

small update. Wheels are in and I put one together just to see what they look like. I like them. Details are lost on black wheels so I went with these. Nothing special, just some Amazon Injoras. I'm going to try the General Grabbers and see how they do. They certainly look good.

I have an interior in the mail currently so once that gets in I can paint it up and see how it fits.

I look forward to seeing this scaled out. I was tempted to buy one, just because the body's proportions are so scale. It just looks good.

Wow! What a sweet Sammie! Killer graphics and wheel/tire choice..."thumbsup"

I still have an unpainted Pro-Line Sumo body.

I might be using it on my MST CFX-W, whenever I get around to it.

That’s gonna look sick!

Following along to see more.[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm trying to figure out how to do the rear bed cage. The stock bar in the bed is .307" diameter but the easiest brake line to find that is somewhat close to that size is only 14" OD. I'm wondering if there are other choices that might be closer. This will be my first attempt at tube work and silver soldering so, hopefully it works out.

Couple things today.

Got the servo winch installed. Cool thing is it works with the stock radio. The 3rd channel on the radio is a 3 position switch. Good job Element! I'm probably going to end up shortening the line some as the spool seems very full.

And this came in today. Going to do some painting on it and get it installed.

So I wasn't happy with the 3/16" brake line roll bar. It seemed too thin for the body. So, I ordered some 5/16" hard fuel line and created version 2.0. In addition to looking better, the larger diameter allows me to use 3 mm flanged nylon nuts (via JB Weld) in the base of the bar. That cuts down on fabrication and makes it a cleaner install. Here is a pic of it mocked up:

Another couple parts came in today as well. I pretty stoked on these. The Samurai uses axles very similar to Toyota pickup axles (pre 1986) so when I saw these I thought they would be perfect! They also give me some extra weight down low which helps offset the body and its interior. Here they are fresh out of the box:

Teasers of the new body:
c350b4f56a0a1cf79d4b301141003fff.jpg

807d2057505b6c92a97a3aae469dc905.jpg

690dbaffe3a0a69bf5d414ff451322ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a killer paintjob! I like the black you added too.

I'd like to know how you did the blue / green digital. Did you make a mask for that?

Back