• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JDM74's Ryft Build

I'm not sure but it has been skidding on its lid since this pic was taken and can't see any color fade at all. This 3800 kV motor on 3S is a bit too much, lol. I'm going to try it on 2S and see if it comes close to sanity.

I couldn’t imagine 3s on 3800kv lol. My 4s 2400kv is theoretical 40000rpm. Your 3800kv 3s works out to 47000rpm. Blistering lol. I like it much better with 13t pinion low gear 4s. Is just about near perfect for any situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like the Proline dual stage foams? Do they fit and fill the tire well? I was debating them but typically use CI foams. These are the tallest tire I've had so far.

Truck looks fantastic "thumbsup"

How do you like the Proline dual stage foams? Do they fit and fill the tire well? I was debating them but typically use CI foams. These are the tallest tire I've had so far.

Truck looks fantastic "thumbsup"

I think they do a pretty good job of filling the tire but not over stuffing it.

This 3800 kV motor on 3S is a bit too much, lol. I'm going to try it on 2S and see if it comes close to sanity.
3800kv on 3S is WAY, WAY too much. I'm only running a 3200kv (also on 3S) in my R4sty. Did the Ryft, as many others have mentioned, probably shouldn't go any higher than 2700kv for 3S (on the stock gearing). It's no wonder yours has spent so much time upside-down.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Well I am running a 13 tooth pinion.

I'll take the 2700kv & stock pinion, as opposed to "being a turtle". [emoji1687]

How are the swampers holding up? Any other wheels you have tried?

Looking for options for mine. I have the sotckers of course, and picked up a set of Pitbulls on Proline USA Beadlock wheels.
Looking to have a 3rd opinion.
mostly trail/dirt running, some hill and some rocks, a bit of low speed crawling here n there.

Suggestions?
Would prefer to stay in the 5.5 - 6 in tall area.

Haven't 'tried' anything in the Ryft...at least, not yet. It's ready for "final assembly", but was still waiting for my 'special' items coming from overseas. I've got everything installed on the skid, the cage is together, the tires are mounted, the axles are fully assembled, the Traxxas GTR shocks are ready to install...just need to put these 'groupings' together into a vehicle.

I know I'd have to partially disassemble things once my 'special' items arrive...but, if I temporarily get the vehicle operational, at least I'll be able to get initial testing done...so, I think that's what I'll do.

At the same time, I have tested the Pit Bull Growlers, Hyrax 1.9s, and Hyrax 2.2s on my Capra (ran the Hyrax 1.9s on the Capra at Scale Nationals), and all are excellent. Something I'm considering (especially if the stock Swampers don't work) is the Hyrax 2.2s in G8.

This is on 2s, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDd4vf9PxcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97MYbPPBCc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmNIkEOd20

And...ended up mulching the front diff (the only one that isn't locked) so spool in in route on the slow boat.

All in all, pretty happy with it. Need to find some more hills!

Rebuilt my F diff. So far slow K but not really had a chance to run it. Have a 3rd axial locker here for when they go tits up.

Im in corn country. what are hills? lol

New tires! Finally were in stock.
45256f2a4e12fbb9472e58ed0a8c1635.jpg

Mounted up with new front spool installed
899b8956db9760069abc02829bf7bd60.jpg

I had to go back to the stock foams. The Proline dual stage were just too big for the inside of the the USD Stickies. I way even drop back to a 5.5 double deuce CI foam in soft outer front and soft outer rear. Anybody have any thoughts on the USD's as far as foams go?

Last edited:
Been a year since I last updated this thread almost. I have a 2700 kV motor on order from Holmes. Hopefully this will tame this beast a bit. Once I get it in I will take it out and test these tires and the new reduced speed out.

Been a year since I last updated this thread almost. I have a 2700 kV motor on order from Holmes. Hopefully this will tame this beast a bit. Once I get it in I will take it out and test these tires and the new reduced speed out.

So how’s it working for you?

I love those wheels! I’m thinking about getting the bronze ones. How are they holding up? And I assume no rubbing or binding anywhere with them?

Back