• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JConcepts SCX-6 2.9" Landmines

SteveB1

Quarry Creeper
I dropped this in the Large Scale Forum, but I figured I'd also share it here.

https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/scx-6-landmines.html

Edmundo from Crawler Innovations graciously humored me with foams for research and testing. As you all know, the right set of foams can really make a difference, and the Landmines with the CI foams are something special. If nothing else, the read will help you fall asleep. :ror:

Last edited:
Interesting read, not sure when I could swing picking up an SCX-6 - although I really like the Honcho version.

Hey, Steve!

(potential thread derailment approaching..."thumbsup")

I've talked to you before about the Nomad buggy that we both have - is there any way you could do me a solid and test fit a 2.9" JConcepts Hazard wheel to the Nomad and see if it clears the suspension components?

I'd love to run a taller tire like the Landmine or Tusk, obviously at slower speeds...

Although maybe the 7" tires would also rub like crazy when turning?

I have a set of the 1.9" versions on my Ecto, and love 'em to death!

Thanks for sharing!

I'd think they might want to use a harder compound but you're spot on regarding the foams. I too have been holding out for CI to release something. The stock tires in a non R35 compound (i believe) work pretty darn good with the stock foam. I dont think I've ever stuck with stock crawler tires so long like I have with the SXC6.

I've been hoping for a scale tire like Krawlers eventually.

Sorry to meander off topic, but what size hex do they use?
I got a set of mounted Super Rock Rey tires 7"x2.75" and wondering if they'd fit.
The Losi's are 20mm I believe.

Edit: Behold, the powers of Google... Looks like SCX6 is 17mm.

Either way these 6th scale tires are some big meats!

Last edited:
Greetings all,

The hex is 17mm but as for fitting the Nomad, it will not work. It's bored through for a 6mm straight axle and not a buggy 17mm hex style. JC also released the Tusk for the SCX-6, but I haven't had a change to get my mittens on them yet. Soon I hope.

Thanks for all the good words everyone!

s

Last edited:
Much appreciated, Steve!

Even though they aren't licensed, I really like the Tusk's interpretation of the Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS tire.

Those are what's installed on Matt's Off-Road Recovery's big wrecker build.

Interested to hear on how you think the Anti-Foams compare to the other traditional foams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Greetings,

We have a set of the Anti-Foams here and been running them a bit with the Proline Hyrax. Will try to get that piece pulled together over the next month or so.

s

Back