• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Why the TCS Xtreme is so expensive.....

Badger, I dont know where you get that I am dense, I have changed my view on if I would buy one since I started posting. I started by saying that I would never buy one, now Im to the point now that if I find it too dificult to build myself then I will just buy one. Afterall its only $220, Ive got more than that in my LST engine.

bigdsti, I dont know where you get that Im going to ask Kevin how to build it, If you think that Im going to ask him for any dimentions then you are wrong. And besides that, he offered his help, I didnt ask for it.

I guess thats cool, Everybody here offers help for fabrication ideas. You've got to admit though, it just sounds bad when you'd be asking the guy who created a patented design for tips on how to replicate it...

I suppose it does sound bad, but it was handled badly from the start. Oh well, ya live and learn. Also I am just replicating the stick, I have a few ideas as to stuff I will change on mine so a cad drawing wouldnt really help me. If it doesnt turn out as good as a stick then sucks to be me. You guys arent out anything. Thanks for what help you did offer and Ill be back with pics when I start the build (should be a week or two).

well... well... well... what's goin on guys...:mrgreen:

I missed something?? Nah, who cares.. All I know is that Kevin guy is a nice guy... got my clod axle from him and started building it. Honestly, Kevin might knows what am I up too...

Well, Kev, the 3 shock idea is scrapped....I figured it out that it wont work as I thought. So, back to 2 shock again. cheers.

Speed Demon said:
well... well... well... what's goin on guys...:mrgreen:

I missed something?? Nah, who cares.. All I know is that Kevin guy is a nice guy... got my clod axle from him and started building it. Honestly, Kevin might knows what am I up too...

Well, Kev, the 3 shock idea is scrapped....I figured it out that it wont work as I thought. So, back to 2 shock again. cheers.

thanks for the kind words. As far as your concept, i guess that's part of the fun. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But when your ideas do work, it's so much better because it was a challenge.

Hell, i'd buy one right this second if i didnt already have a chassis that i have to keep adjusting!

The main reason keeping me from buying a stick is because its just so easy! With my current chassis (JPS Pro) im busy modding and adjusting to get the best performance out of it. Once i finish it, im sure it won't be as good as a stick. But once i finish it and am bored with it, im buying a stick! (unless kevin comes out with something even better? :mrgreen: )

TwistedCreations said:
It is boring because it climbs just about every damn thing you point it at :lol:

Heard that! I finally got my Xtreme running yesterday...... it crawled all over my little crawling course at home, forward and backwards! Got to find bigger rocks now, Thanks a lot Kevin! :roll:

:lol: J/K, awesome design, can't wait to compete with it. ;)

First time I ever saw the Xtreme on the net...I had to have one.

Now I've got one ordered waiting on it to arrive....it's a GREAT price when you see what it's capable of!!

Yeah, the stick can make your normal terrain boring. BUT, then you start looking for killer terrain that normally would look impossible! And you start doing some insane stuff. The stick is still plenty of challenging for me, but I'm also trying to do some radical stuff with it.

And thanks for the compliments guys. It's appreciated.

The only thing that i dont like about the stick (well, its not like i dont like it) It seems like it eliminates the crawling chassis look. Since its just a stick ya know? Its not like a scale looking crawler.

PastryLikeDood said:
The only thing that i dont like about the stick (well, its not like i dont like it) It seems like it eliminates the crawling chassis look. Since its just a stick ya know? Its not like a scale looking crawler.

That's one of the biggest complaints and biggest compliments, the looks. Some people love the fact that it's so different. Some hate it. To each his own.

Back