• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

In 2017,Which is your favorite battery manufacturer?

Thunder Power and Orion make some great batteries. For the money the ProTek batteries from Amain are pretty good as well. I haven't tried the Helios packs yet but i've read some good reviews on them.

I’ve only ran gens ace, but have no complaints so I’d go with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the Hobby King US warehouse just down the road has really made it very easy to run their batteries.
I have been using the small 1000 to 1300 sized batteries in my crawlers and they do very well for me out on the rocks.

Great thread, I'm still in the process of trying stuff out and figuring out what to use.

Sounds like I might give SMC and Turnigy a try.

One thing I do want to do is explore 3S. Everything I have is still 2S.

Last edited:
MaxAmps! I've used a fair bit of turnigy and zippy stuff with no complaints but thats only over a year or so, my MaxAmaps batteries have proven them selves now over 3 years of abuse! the hobby king variety have gotten puffy and crunchy. I have to say tho the cost has taken a while to make sense and i do my damnedest to keep all my batteries healthy but on the long end the MaxAmps make sense. hope i don't start a fire with this the zippys and turnigy batteries are awesome esp for budget minded people but I'm now a MaxAmps believer!

:lmao:, never to try 3S, because you will hate 2S after it.
Great thread, I'm still in the process of trying stuff out and figuring out what to use.

Sounds like I might give SMC and Turnigy a try.

One thing I do want to do is explore 3S. Everything I have is still 2S.

Dynamite reaction 2s packs just because they are easy to get here and i had one exhibit puffing after about 11 months two emails to dynamite with a pic of the battery and they arranged one from a hobby store and had it shipped to me at 100% no cost to me

EDIT: Maybe this isn't the right response for this thread but its my favorite battery.
I've not had a ton of testing time maybe a dozen or so cycles so far, but the ProTec LIHV shorty 3S packs (soft packs) have been pretty great so far. The silicone graphene chemistry is supposed to take a slightly higher charge (12.6 V when charged as Lipo and 13.05 V if you have a LIHV charger) while also being less likely to puff. The run times have been great too, I ran a comp (2.5-3 hrs) with my heavy TRX-4 with the lights on and only ended up changing batteries on my walk back after finishing.

Last edited:
Agreed, HumboldtEF sold me on the ProTecs, great batteries, small size and 3S, thanks! They are for my TRX-4 and Ascenders. :)

Agreed, HumboldtEF sold me on the ProTecs, great batteries, small size and 3S, thanks! They are for my TRX-4 and Ascenders. :)

So I just realized I wasn't taking full advantage of these because I was only charging in Lipo mode and getting 12.6 V instead of charging in LiHV mode which I'm fairly sure is safe (the reverse is not) you just miss out on the extra voltage. I had to get a new charger that offered that mode (Hitec X2).

I dont know how much capacity that half volt is worth but its good already, should only get better :)

Smc. 4s 5200 90c's for 50$ each for my xmaxx. 15 cycles so far so good. I set 2 lvas to 3.6 since stock esc wont let me change cutoff. I get 30 min straight on the 1/8 scale track... 40 min bashing. Cells are matched well and i always balance before charging, which does not take long since cells are so close after discharge. Very happy with my 1st go with smc. I couldnt find any company to touch the price for these specs, and all batteries testing at 3 ohms internal resistance tells me the 90c rating is on point. If these last and dont fall off or puff, this will be the best battery value ive ever had.

Used to be an spc guy. I miss Tom Himes... Best cs ever. When my 2s spc packs finally wear out, im gonna go to smc for their replacements...

1 Hobbyking Turnigy - 2200mah 3s lipo now on sale for $7.

Inexpensive plus quality; East coast and West coast USA warehouse stock. :)

How many C was it? I guess I missed it.
20c which is plenty for a crawler
7c0825ac01dcc54ccf5f9ca1d50de6a3.jpg

Back