• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

In 2017,Which is your favorite battery manufacturer?

I don't know if they are any good yet but the Turnigy Graphene batteries certainly have the best packing I have ever seen.

e47c2a1850612c4f42c5f0d69a3a0f07.jpg

7c3c8541e12f2af09c3ccf5b8fea5499.jpg

f1ee2fd6d73d96194a31d37155529a1d.jpg

794f04a8e192d900de9b20661051e4d9.jpg

I don't know if they are any good yet but the Turnigy Graphene batteries certainly have the best packing I have ever seen.

I just got some of these and had the same reaction. If their specs are true then they're great batteries, but I only have a hand full of cycles through the ones I have. I will say I charged mine at 5c and they didn't blow up, so that's cool. I however feel as though the extra money for these may have just gone into the packaging.

I have been using Dynamite Speedpacks and Onyx batteries the past few years. My LHS sells them. I treat them well, they treat me well. We have a good time together.

I was thoroughly impressed by the packaging as well; felt like I was opening RC batteries made by Apple except I didn't have to buy a new charger to make them work. :mrgreen:

The actual packs were a little disappointing because they are much bigger and heavier than my other 1300 mah packs for no noticeable performance advantage.

The actual packs were a little disappointing because they are much bigger and heavier than my other 1300 mah packs for no noticeable performance advantage.

Same with my 850mah.

But, I think the biggest advantage to these are the crazy amount of charge cycles they can last and keep a low IR. Supposedly.

I treat them well, they treat me well. We have a good time together.
:lmao: That cracked me up for some reason.

I was thoroughly impressed by the packaging as well; felt like I was opening RC batteries made by Apple except I didn't have to buy a new charger to make them work. :mrgreen:
Like Apple? If Apple made RC's they'd have proprietary plugs and they'd change those every 10 years so your old stuff wasn't compatible. :flipoff: Apple.

I've read a lot about the batteries. I'm not surprised they're heavier if they pack more punch. How much heavier are they then a comparable LiPo with the same specs?

:lmao: That cracked me up for some reason.

:mrgreen: then you definitely read it as it was intended to be read because I was definitely chuckling when it came out. I am sure my girlfriend would be rolling her eyes if she saw it...

:mrgreen: then you definitely read it as it was intended to be read because I was definitely chuckling when it came out. I am sure my girlfriend would be rolling her eyes if she saw it...
Haha! I get the "You're such a loser!" eye roll when getting giddy about RCs especially when I get a new "doll" to put in one of them as a driver or passenger. :lmao:

I'm gradually phasing out 5000 mAh Onyx 2S hard packs for Gens Ace 3S of the same rating. I won't go back to Onyx, they all started to swell and one split after 10-12 cycles. I get almost six trail hours out of the Gens Aces and no physical issues yet.

Like Apple? If Apple made RC's they'd have proprietary plugs and they'd change those every 10 years so your old stuff wasn't compatible. :flipoff: Apple.

Yeah but they sure know how to make a damn fine box, like Apple is doing you a favor by letting you buy their product. :lmao:

I've read a lot about the batteries. I'm not surprised they're heavier if they pack more punch. How much heavier are they then a comparable LiPo with the same specs?

Never actually weighed them but its enough to notice when you pick up a different 1300 pack. The extra size is more of my issue than the weight, the Turnigy pack is about 5 mm thicker (and a mm or 2 longer and wider) than one of my comparable packs. It may not sound like a lot but it is significant on batteries that small.

Zippy Compact
Turnigy Nano
That's what i use and they serve me well :mrgreen: best price/value for me in germany

I have a boat that pulls over 100A and just bought some Gens Aces 5500/45C 4S. They are the fastest batteries for it. My Turnigy 3600/40C 4S cells hit lipo-cut after 3 passes (voltage drop due to excessive draw) unless I run 2 in parallel. My SPC 5000/40C 2S (2@4S series) do this after a few more passes, and have around a dozen cycles in the year I've had them. For my crawler, the puffy 3S Turnigy's I have are more then plenty.

TL;DR: Gens Ace is my new fav. Cheap but offers lots of amps. Regardless of your fav, make sure you don't store them fully charged & never discharge below 3.5v.

I like to run big, fat, 3 cell batteries. I'll say it, I love my venom 3S 5400 soft cased. Both have been replaced, but I use them 2-3 times a week in the Bomber and Wraith.

I recently picked up some 3S 5200 Racers Edge batts. So far, so good. But I've been a little busy the past month and haven't had a chance to even break them in.

I run two 2S LHS batteries duct taped together in my Arrma Talion. They are doing fantastic so far.

I run a 4S 5300 90C SMC in my Arrma Senton. And... it's already puffy. I'm not impressed. :-/

I run Venom hard case in everything else. They all get used and abused. And I've used that sweet ass warranty and replaced a few. Their CS is top.

Back