• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Imthatguy builds a Ripper.

Amazing build! I have seen a couple of the Rippers in person and pics do not do them justice. The craftsmanship is unreal! Keep up the great work.

It's a pretty cool truck. Shame I'm going to get it cruddy. Oh well, it's meant to be driven.

So how’s that winch mounted?

It would be mounted where the ESC is meant to go. If I had mounted it, but time got the better of me and I needed to get it done and tested. I also need to shoot video, so there's a lot to do in not much time.

So, without boring you, I did a bunch of stuff, including installing the DIG, the Castle Slate motor and Mamba X ESC, and a crap-ton of wiring loom for the multitude of wires. It basically looks like this from top to bottom:

Most importantly, the lights are all wired through a HeyOK wiring controller operated by a 4th channel on my radio. Very cool to not blind people during the day.

I also opted to go with the Bomber interior panel for two reasons, I knew I could get it detailed to the level I wanted, and I'm dangerously low on time. I added a number of my own details, including two James French molded heads (with a lot of painting), a 3D Printed Lowrance GPS system and faux shock reservoirs, also painted and detailed (and designed by me and printed by Shapeways).

So, without much further ado, here's the finished truck. Coincidentally, in my finished backyard play area.

As always, top notch work. Of course, it helps to have such a masterpiece of a canvas to start from.[emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk

Amazing! Nice job. Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As always, top notch work. Of course, it helps to have such a masterpiece of a canvas to start from.[emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk

Amazing! Nice job. Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

Final build video posted here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3fcTCwQXWYY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back