• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Imthatguy builds a Ripper.

Dig is new to me, but I'm keen to give it a try. I like the added options it offers for driving

Nothing wrong with that. It’s a totally different dynamic to drive with but well worth learning.
I really enjoy trucks with dig And 4ws.
They add a whole different thought process to driving. So much so, the only crawlers I have that don’t have dig are my 1.9mini and my 2.2 sporty.

Can wait to see how this progresses and that first scratch.

Nothing wrong with that. It’s a totally different dynamic to drive with but well worth learning.
I really enjoy trucks with dig And 4ws.
They add a whole different thought process to driving. So much so, the only crawlers I have that don’t have dig are my 1.9mini and my 2.2 sporty.

Can wait to see how this progresses and that first scratch.

Dig is fun. Speaking of Dig, the transmission ready. And very smooth.

I also got Neal to do up a custom skin for it. I wanted to make sure I was still showing off a lot of the aluminum panels, as that's a source of amazing, and OMFG. Here's a couple shots showing it off.

Now to get to the fun task of sorting out and installing all the various electronic junk, and mechanicals to make it go.

On my LCC i always did the warriors / Cyrus thing before using my DIG
Lucky for my friend using DIG are not something you need a lot here due to the lack of obstacles where it would come in handy.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V-OYKd8SVrI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amuse myself no problem.:ror:

Super awesome build. I keep looking at the vanquish website and would seriously love to pull the trigger, but the price is the only thing holding me back.

Dig is fun. Speaking of Dig, the transmission ready. And very smooth.

I also got Neal to do up a custom skin for it. I wanted to make sure I was still showing off a lot of the aluminum panels, as that's a source of amazing, and OMFG. Here's a couple shots showing it off.

Now to get to the fun task of sorting out and installing all the various electronic junk, and mechanicals to make it go.
Just WOW! Amazing build! You gonna wheel this for ECSC in August?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Pretty ballsy not running a winch up front. Guess you are thatgoodofadriverguy

Not running a winch... Yet.

Holy crap Matt - that thing turned out SICK!!!!!!

Not even close to done. I couldn't help showing off the skin though.

Super awesome build. I keep looking at the vanquish website and would seriously love to pull the trigger, but the price is the only thing holding me back.

It's not cheap, that's for sure. But it wouldn't be considering the amount of work that goes into making one.

Dddrrooooolllllliiinnngggg...... :p~~~~~~~

Heh, thanks.

Just WOW! Amazing build! You gonna wheel this for ECSC in August?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Absolutely, it'll be plenty broken in by then. Berkeley, KNK, AxialFest and ECSC. And Smiggin's Folly.

Very good sir, I'm expecting great scalierness for this thing.

In post 33, why does it look like you have two different tires on the front?

For now, I've landed on a set of Big Bores that I set up for droop. It's low, and I like where it's sitting.

What springs are you using in the big bores for your droop setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very good sir, I'm expecting great scalierness for this thing.

In post 33, why does it look like you have two different tires on the front?

Thanks Dean, yeah, optical illusion I presume. Wide lens.

What springs are you using in the big bores for your droop setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had reasonable success with RC4WD scale shock replacement springs. They're the right width, and I cut them if they're too long.

man that thing is sweet!

Would there be any benefit running this on a Toyzuki or Brazing chassis as opposed to stock rails?

Doubtful you could set it up on either of those chassis, even if the mounting holes are the same, Vanquish built in the C-channel curvatures in some of their mounting points. I presume it could work, but the tradeoffs probably wouldn't be worth it, nor would your driveline necessarily work the same.

Yeah that makes sense.

im a massive fan of the Ripper, just not something I can consider budget wise.

So I am toying with doing a scx10ii based homage to the ripper from 3/16" tube and am questioning which way to go - full axial rail based, aftermarket rail based or full tube chassis using a scx10ii skid.

Yeah that makes sense.

im a massive fan of the Ripper, just not something I can consider budget wise.

So I am toying with doing a scx10ii based homage to the ripper from 3/16" tube and am questioning which way to go - full axial rail based, aftermarket rail based or full tube chassis using a scx10ii skid.

Since you're not using a Ripper, use whatever you want!

I spent some time today installing some 3D printed inner fenders, and also swapped out the stock skids for these longer printed versions. Also found a perfect mount point for the TZiWorld winch. Hidden away, and requires a routing tube for the line, but should work a treat.

Amazing build! I have seen a couple of the Rippers in person and pics do not do them justice. The craftsmanship is unreal! Keep up the great work.

Back