• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

IFS Enduro Take 2

Phyro

Quarry Creeper
Hey All,

A new season and a new body for the Enduro. I am branching this off from the Colorado build. Well I decided to keep it simple for the Spring and Summer.

For the current build I am using the modified Trailrunner as the base for the build. The body this time is the Proline Hilux SR5. I have also included a Proline Toyota Interior as well. The driver is from the Tamiya Bruiser, which seems appropriate for this truck.

Here is the truck with its new unpainted body mounted up:
c1ba3c0cd1649eb5efdac1c2856329e4.jpg

The GMade GS01 bumper seen on a few builds around here. Had to cut the two far back holes off the mounts to fit this bumper without binding the steering.

3621e72e49476f6d8f006e207861d563.jpg

I decided to run with the Vanquish rear bumper. The rear bumper mount put it a bit further down than I liked. So I took a spare front bumper mount and used that instead. Here is the result:
3e2efa5d4368ac415fd4756dc20aacbf.jpg

As for the currently installed upgrades:
- Hard plastics all the way around
- Factory Team 90mm Shocks, stock springs, 30wt front and 50wt rear.
- Holmes Hobbies 13T Crawl Master Sport
- Reefs 444 Servo for steering
- Spektrum Firma 40 ESC/Receiver
- Spektrum 2200mah 3S
- SSD Brass Front Hubs
- SSD SLW Brake Hubs +0 offset
- Vanquish Method 310 Race Wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice choice on the body! Looks like it fits the chassis well. I have this body on my SCX10.2 and have always loved the looks of the body.

I like how the GS01 bumper lines up with the IFS skid plate! Rear VP bumper looks good too!"thumbsup"

Nice choice on the body! Looks like it fits the chassis well. I have this body on my SCX10.2 and have always loved the looks of the body.

I like how the GS01 bumper lines up with the IFS skid plate! Rear VP bumper looks good too!"thumbsup"

It lined up really well on the truck. Almost too flush with the skid though. I had to screw in the posts from the top instead of the bottom.

X2 on body choice! I’m doing one of these bodies on a 10.2 and really like it. Set it on top my 10.2 chassis and really really like it lol.

79 F150 SCX10 ii
TRXWalker

Are you planning on an interior?

It lined up really well on the truck. Almost too flush with the skid though. I had to screw in the posts from the top instead of the bottom.

Are you planning on an interior?

No. If it was for me I would, but my buddy doesn’t want one in it.

79 F150 SCX10 ii
TRXWalker

Today is the start of the paint job. Well got it tapped out of the weekend.
c3f6c5dc36d385e2c4eb2283a09dad18.jpg

I used some blue painters tape for the two tone section, and some Tamiya pin stripping tape for the edge color.

The first color turned out really good. Here is the body with the first color:
54f01653b31152359e28ebcbb09ccfa5.jpg

The paint was some Createx Opaque White. I mixed it 3 parts paint to 1 part water. PSI was set at 40. I’ll be backing the white some silver so it doesn’t get dulled by the other colors.

EDIT: I tried the Createx thinner this weekend, worked a lot better than the water. The paint even self leveled and dried a lot faster.

Last edited:
Paint is finally cured. I got the decals on the body. Used some TrailRunner decals on the build.

Here is the body now:
922604fccffe3602c5983b7cd92cee13.jpg

5daa734b32e446ee21ea6956b6223d3a.jpg

951cac276b87e950374bd3b8473e459b.jpg

Looks sweet!

Very nice work.

Side note: I tried to mount one of those vanquish rear bumpers on my sendero, and I wish the posts were about 3/4" longer so it actually stuck out a bit, and didn't require cutting the body. I am going to figure a way to extend the bumper mount so I can use it.

Got some more work done on the Enduro last night. Installed the Bowhouse steering parts.

I did run into an issue though. The included pivot balls were extremely tight when installed. When I would move the steering link by hand, it would squeak and move the pivot ball on the screw instead. Ended up using some spare Factory Team pivot balls from the initial build.

The suspension feels awesome now. Doesn’t have the steering slop or bump steer anymore. Can’t wait to get it on the rocks soon.

On the painting side of things, the inner fenders and interior got their first color painted. I’ll post some pics later tonight.

Back