• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HPI converts a WK to a crawler

ok i just became more involved with this site and have been looking at all the builds that people have posted no reason for you to bust my chops

It can happen when old threads are "resurrected". It just doesnt make for a good impression. A fair number of people try to crank up their counts real quick to be able to sell stuff on the site.

hell i wish i had stuff to sell im new to the crawler scene i just got done building my crawler not the first i owned but the first i built i had a TLT only for about a week

I change spur gear and pinion for 96t and 15t impossible adjust pinion on spur gear because the motor stop on the top of transmission.you have a solution for me.Now run with 96t and 21t for me it's too fast.

You need a larger spur gear

The gearing was next--

THe OEM setup was a 90/21 tooth count with 48 pitch gears. That comes out to a 4.285 : 1 gear ratio. The parts bin had a Traxxas 66 tooth 32 pitch spur gear that I had to drill (using the OEM spur as a guide) to fit the hub. The parts bin also had a 8 tooth 32 pitch pinion. The 66/8 combo gives us a 8.25 : 1 gear ratio -- NICE! No more motor stall and MUCH more control in climbing-- woohoo! "thumbsup"

IMG_0588.jpg

[cell post]

Back